Factory Hurst Licensed H/O Shifter Plates soon to release

What type of finish would you like to see on a Hurst Olds Shifter Plate?

• All Black out option with white "LIGHTNING RODS" lettering ONLY

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Original Factory Burlwood finish with Gold OUTLINING Trim (original look)

Votes: 40 72.7%
  • Silver finish with Black Trim & white "LIGHTNING RODS" lettering

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Re: Factory Hurst Licensed H/O Shifter Plates soon to releas

Hey I like feedback, this gives us real world inforamtion to what is needed. We may offer teh lighter color. That is the easy part. The laminate will come seperate which you will order the plate then choose the color, we need to prepare teh laminate MFG to what everyone is looking for. As for the other shifters, let's get the 4sp done first and insure it works well, then we will make the 3 speed.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008

Angelo Valanti already makes these in all colors, 86-88 teak wood, 78-85 Butterfly Walnut, 87 Sheffield Gray, Black etc.
They are all pictured up above just no credit was given...
They may not be exact but he's a private individual like me and you and has put forth his personal time, effort and funds to make these for the community for many years.
They can be purchased by contacting him here:

http://www.oldsfe3x.com

or buying them here:

http://store.oldsgmail.com/store3.htm

Here is a 3 speed 86-88 teak wood:
88Cutlassinterior3.jpg

88Cutlassinterior.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

littlerascle59

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2009
Mississippi

88hurstolds said:
Angelo Valanti already makes these in all colors, 86-88 teak wood, 78-85 Butterfly Walnut, 87 Sheffield Gray, Black etc.
They may not be exact but he's a private individual like me and you and has put forth his personal time, effort and funds to make these for the community for many years.

or buying them here:

88Cutlassinterior3.jpg

88Cutlassinterior.jpg
Awesome! Thanks! I really appreciate that. Idk why ive always thought the 86-88 wood grain pattern was called walnut grain but yeah that's pretty badass. I'll check him out. Damn thats cool because I really didn't know this. :)

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

littlerascle59 said:
88hurstolds said:

or buying them here:

88Cutlassinterior3.jpg

88Cutlassinterior.jpg
Awesome! Thanks! I really appreciate that. Idk why ive always thought the 86-88 wood grain pattern was called walnut grain but yeah that's pretty badass. I'll check him out. Damn thats cool because I really didn't know this. :)

You are exactly right Mike about Angelo carrying a top plate. But, his product is not the correct shape, edges, composition as the OEM. Our product will be, as well as made in the USA by folks in Detroit that work on products for American Vehicles. Putting Americans to work again!!

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

And also at Mike, The Black model is the only made by Angelo. All the rest are laminated or original.

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010

There is always room for quality parts.The fact that these plates are going to be like OEM with factory brushes makes them a winner.Like I said before I will buy one if the price is right.This is very good news and made in the USA very very good news. I better start saving.

Fader

Greasemonkey
Apr 29, 2011
Eastern Nebraska

Very Cool....can't wait until a complete Lightning Rod setup is available brand new! I love the factory look as well as the silver trim! Keep up the good work!

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009

I love the idea of reproducing the actual shifter. Even if you just reproduced the external and internal parts for the shifter, they should fly off the shelf considering that these shifters are always mulfunctioning in the pin/pin retainer location and the knobs are always getting cracked with only a few NOS ones on the market to grab at.

I'm 100% towards buying the parts. Keep up the good work!

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

Thanks Minion, we are going to keep it going. Today I got aluminum bumper supports for the Regal and the bumpers in chrome and PTM finish. I also received word today I should have a sample lightning Rod Setup in 90 days. We want to be able to offer a complete conversion kit for an affordable price, one for Hurst Olds Conversion, one for normal bench seat to Bucket seat conversion. We are about 75% there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor