Factory Hurst Licensed H/O Shifter Plates soon to release

What type of finish would you like to see on a Hurst Olds Shifter Plate?

• All Black out option with white "LIGHTNING RODS" lettering ONLY

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Original Factory Burlwood finish with Gold OUTLINING Trim (original look)

Votes: 40 72.7%
  • Silver finish with Black Trim & white "LIGHTNING RODS" lettering

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Re: Factory Hurst Licensed H/O Shifter Plates soon to releas

2nd82H/O said:
Did you ever get the 83 Hurst/Olds headlight bezels made?

hoping to have the samples this week

83hurstguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2010
Kansas City

Wow, if that is an exact repop once you apply the burlwood top, you have one sold. Have had had the funds offered for an NOS one for some time and haven't been able to land one.

Your initial part itself looks nice. Angelo's repops filled a portion of the market when nothing was available, but it was far enough from correct I'd prefer to use my beat up original instead (no gold edging, raised block text, etc...). They worked great in a retrofit application, I just never felt right with them as a "like for like" restoration piece.

Keep up the good work! Impressed to see all the products you are putting together, and hopefully they can start getting out to market soon. :)

84cutlass383

Master Mechanic
Nov 24, 2009
Oklahoma City

Keep up the good work! Impressed to see all the products you are putting together, and hopefully they can start getting out to market soon. :)[/quote]

X10 thanks for taking time to help out the G-body family. when i get back from this deployment you will be getting alot of my bussiness for my 84 H/O

Cutty1

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2008
metro detroit

what about non hurst style auto's possible make?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

90hurst/oldsguy said:
when are these shifter plates going to be available?

Hopefully soon, we are trying to nail down the vacuumized gold around the edges and making it correct.

1985_mcss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 12, 2009

How much will the shifter plates be and how soon will they be available?

darthvaderolds

Apprentice
Dec 28, 2008
Chicagoland

The pics Toby posted of the black and brushed aluminum top plates are my reproductions, ( I'm sure Toby forgot to mention those were my reproductions) the teak wood Mike posted is also mine. Again "IF" you need an exact reproduction for a 83-84 Hurst Olds project Toby's top plate makes sense , but if you are adding lightning rod shifters to a g body my reproduction would do the job also at a savings over his, I have sold over a 1000 of these and will beat his repos price..these are all hand made in the USA . Glad to see Toby moving forward on this , it's good for the olds community since parts are lacking,not produced , or just too expensive.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

darthvaderolds said:
The pics Toby posted of the black and brushed aluminum top plates are my reproductions, ( I'm sure Toby forgot to mention those were my reproductions)

Hi Angelo, good to see you on this forum again!!!

I made mention that your plates were just the black one after Mike Masino (88hurstolds) made mention of it. Which is the one in the picture. The silver is a laminated one that I made into a factory plate. I really didnt think about mentioning so much as to whom made what, as two of them are factory OEM and one of them as mentioned laminated. Didnt really think it was relevant since we are judging which color is voted on.

Will you be dropping the price on your plate from $160.00??? I think +/- $10 that is what I paid for it. I know when I wanted to buy 100 they were $135.00 ea.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

1985_mcss said:
How much will the shifter plates be and how soon will they be available?

I am pushing my American vendor to get them out soon. As mentioned since they will be Hurst Licensed we have to nail down the quality to a "T"

We are hoping to retail the top plates for $49.00-$59.00 We will know more soon. This is just an estimate. It may be less or a little more. Turn around time will be quick once approved since they will come from Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor