Factory Oil Pressure Gauge with ls swap

DarrinWI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2022
Madison, WI
I've fired up my 5.3 in my '87 El Camino. The dash oil pressure gauge pegs all the way over past 60 psi. I'm using the 5.3 oil pressure sender which I thought that I read would work. Any suggestions on where to begin trouble shooting?

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
You need an adapter(or you can break off the plastic 5.3 sensor and drill/tap for 1/8" npt) and use a sbc sender. The ls sending unit talks to the pcm or bcm depending on the year. They make sbc sending units with or with out the dummy light. 1 prong=no light 2 prings=dummy light.
Here's the adapter.

What Built6spdMCSS is referring you to is the coolant temp sensor needed to run factory coolant temp gauges.

DarrinWI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2022
Madison, WI
Single pin truck sensors work, I have a bunch. Sounds like the one you have is bad.
Thanks, it's a new sensor, but I'll give another a try.
You need an adapter(or you can break off the plastic 5.3 sensor and drill/tap for 1/8" npt) and use a sbc sender. The ls sending unit talks to the pcm or bcm depending on the year. They make sbc sending units with or with out the dummy light. 1 prong=no light 2 prings=dummy light.
Here's the adapter.

What Built6spdMCSS is referring you to is the coolant temp sensor needed to run factory coolant temp gauges.
TY, this one doesn't go through the pcm so I wired it directly to my gauge feed.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor