G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Oprah Winfrey Reaction GIF

X Company Oops GIF by Ovation TV

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
Hey you can only go with what information you were given at that time. And as far as the gangsta rap goes?

I'm 26, and still play my Ice Cube, Wu Tang, Mobb Deep, G-Unit, 2Pac, Biggie etc on a regular lol.
Nice to hear you're (sort of) young and into old cars. (y) Most of the teens to early 30s around here are into either imports, modern muscle, or diesels. My son is 22 and has both a nasty V8 S10 and his 78 Cutlass Wagon. He's got the disease as bad as I do, doesn't much like new cars and isn't into rice burners at all. He also works in a local hot rod shop. All the older guys into the 40s and 50s cars are, well, getting old. Another 20 years many of them will be gone and my generation of 60s-80s muscle car guys will be old too. I hope my son's gen will be more appreciative of the muscle cars by then too.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Hey you can only go with what information you were given at that time. And as far as the gangsta rap goes?

I'm 26, and still play my Ice Cube, Wu Tang, Mobb Deep, G-Unit, 2Pac, Biggie etc on a regular lol.

You can stop appropriating my generation any time you want.

;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
You can stop appropriating my generation any time you want.

;)
Chances are I'm not far behind you. LOL. I hit 51 this year. Luckily my brain still thinks I'm 16, but I admit it's harder to climb over that roll bar these days, :LOL: .

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Chances are I'm not far behind you. LOL. I hit 51 this year. Luckily my brain still thinks I'm 16, but I admit it's harder to climb over that roll bar these days, :LOL: .

I am "just" 42, going on 12.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
It was what was recommended at the time for the vehicle. It's paired to a single pre-amp'd Pioneer 12". Plenty enough thump for my wrinkly old *ss listening to gangster rap.

Aladdin Wtf GIF by Sky

And...

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

• Haha
  • Winner

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

In highschool that would have been a pretty accurate depiction of me. About the only time I get like that now is when a cop rolls up next to me while I am pumping this:

al roker pooped my pants GIF

EDIT: Damn wrong link.

Last edited:
  • Haha

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Today's lesson in comparing stereo to engine talk.....
With nitrous , turbo , or supercharging, you have to retard timing to not blow sh*t up. a little counterproductive.
Bass boost is kinda like that. The more of it you use, the more you have to back off total input gain, so you're losing out on some clarity & total volume of the upper range of sounds a sub may produce.
If every component has adjustabilities in them it is a good thing, but it requires more from the tuner.
A system needs to work together as a whole. Adding a little bass along with factory full range sound is an improvement. More bass past a point drowns out a weak a$$ full range setup. Factory systems are more meant to sound good at lower volumes, crank them & they sound like crap compared to a good controlled & amplified full range setup with good speakers.
In my work truck setup, I feel thump on drum notes through the gas pedal,,,,,and that's with the subs turned off. A really good full range setup add clarity & realism. You begin hearing sounds in some songs that never stood out to you before. You can feel the hair moving on your arms at times. Sub behind the seat feels good on an old back too.
Just like a drivetrain, you can make small upgrades here & there that can lead to bigger upgrades snowballing into needing other supporting items.
High wattage amps can lead to needing bigger supply cables, extra battery(ies) , larger alt to charge them, etc. Just like more hp leads to stronger trans or clutch & rear end to handle the power.
Yea, just like engine talk....

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
Thanks for sharing all that, makes a lot of sense. I really am an entry level beginner with this end of things.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
With nitrous , turbo , or supercharging, you have to retard timing to not blow sh*t up. a little counterproductive.
Bass boost is kinda like that. The more of it you use, the more you have to back off total input gain, so you're losing out on some clarity & total volume of the upper range of sounds a sub may produce.
If every component has adjustabilities in them it is a good thing, but it requires more from the tuner.
A system needs to work together as a whole. Adding a little bass along with factory full range sound is an improvement. More bass past a point drowns out a weak a$$ full range setup. Factory systems are more meant to sound good at lower volumes, crank them & they sound like crap compared to a good controlled & amplified full range setup with good speakers.
In my work truck setup, I feel thump on drum notes through the gas pedal,,,,,and that's with the subs turned off. A really good full range setup add clarity & realism. You begin hearing sounds in some songs that never stood out to you before. You can feel the hair moving on your arms at times. Sub behind the seat feels good on an old back too.
Just like a drivetrain, you can make small upgrades here & there that can lead to bigger upgrades snowballing into needing other supporting items.
High wattage amps can lead to needing bigger supply cables, extra battery(ies) , larger alt to charge them, etc. Just like more hp leads to stronger trans or clutch & rear end to handle the power.
Yea, just like engine talk....
Very true, and goes back to my point about the line output converter boxes.

The more options you have on that, i.e. bass boost, LPF, HPF etc. The more stuff you will need to adjust to compensate for those luxuries.

But if you got the patience? It definitely will be noticeable for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor