Fair price for 2wd Blazer spindles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
What is a fair price for bare Blazer spindles? So far what I have a pair of just the bare spindles with no bearings or hardware go for $200. Recently found one pair for $100.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
At a pick-n-pull Junkyard they are about $66/pair with sealed hubs & brake brackets, more if you keep the dust shields and/or forget to remove the ABS sensors. Labor to remove them from the car is about 2 hours of your time the first time, or if they are rusty, 30 minutes if you are good and bolts are rust free.

Shipping is killer because they are heavy.

86MCLS

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2018
Bothell, WA
I can't find them around here. The huge majority of our s10 junk is 4wd.

Same here. Checked every yard in a 300 mile radius, all 4WD. I went ahead & bought a $200 pair from camsmirrors on eBay. They didn't have caliper brackets or hubs but they are what I need and the $200 included Priority Mail shipping and they were already cleaned & painted. Sure it's more than Pick N Pull but that doesn't mean jack sh*t if there are none to be had at the cheaper price.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I cheaped out when II bough mine and had them shipped. Big mistake. I ended up spending way more on new bearings, and dust shields for them...

Last edited:

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I am in the salt zone so any spindles at the junk yard are going to be rusty for sure. Only know of one yard where the cars are not sitting on the ground. But for $100 I rather have complete assemblies than bare spindles.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You'll at least want the bolts and hardware. If you can get them at the right price with backing plates, calipers and brackets...grab 'em.
I used the calipers and brackets for cores. Otherwise you'll be paying full price for these parts. Also, the backing plates, or dust shields on RockAuto are like $30.00 each. Rotors and pads can be obtained at a reasonable price.
Brake hoses and bearing hubs can be bought new. My bearings were still pretty good, no noise or grinding, so I pumped grease in the ABS ports...so far, so good.

Reactions: 1 user

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
I got mine from Timo22 , a member of this forum. Excellent shape & Reasonably priced too. Bought re-man callipers from AutoZone.
Had em powder coated and waiting for spring to try em out.

Reactions: 1 users

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
I bought brackets, calipers dust shields and bolts (alright, I threw the bolts in my tote tray) from a 4wd. Now I'm going to buy belltechs 2" drop spindles for $289, and new rotors pads and bearings.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor