Fan switch Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
oh ya ok, you usually lose the lower speeds when the resistor is gone anyways not the high speed.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
View attachment 76336 View attachment 76337
I found the red wire
After I slice it where do I run to to ?
@
There is a 10 gauge red wire that feeds this (yellow circled) relay which is the feed for the high speed. There is a connector on the passenger sided near the front of the valve cover that has the red wire. As fleming442 that red wire comes from the fusible link attached to the B connection on the starter. It is hot all the time.

View attachment 76333
is that the red wire u was talking about I connect to the hot wire on the valve cover

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Here I was . . . all prepared to go out and take some pics for this poor lad tonight and as usual you all have practically schooled him in a complete rebuild, with pics, tips, and pointers!

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
Here I was . . . all prepared to go out and take some pics for this poor lad tonight and as usual you all have practically schooled him in a complete rebuild, with pics, tips, and pointers!
U can still send pics of where that red wire connect to
It would really help me out

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
@

is that the red wire u was talking about I connect to the hot wire on the valve cover

it may be, you should trace that wire and see where is leads to and comes from. Do you have a test light and/or a multimeter?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I must say, you have quite the Charlie Foxtrot of red wires in that general area.

You can connect it to the battery or alternator VIA FUSED CONNECTION.

the 5 pin relay is wired with all red wires, slightly confusing to figure out what each wire is for....

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
It might be eas
@

The red wire on the valve cover is the hot wire for the electric choke, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor