Fast and Furious 4 ... now with GNX

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really want to see this movie i have liked all of them really

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
The driving in the 3rd one made it bearable to watch, but it sucks that they ruined that 67 or 68 Mustang fastback. the cool thing was that they actually did make the RB26DETT from a Nissan Skyline actually run in the Mustang-it wasn't just a non-functional prop. It was cool to me because a RB powered Rambler American is one of my darkest fantasies...

Actually, they ruined about SIX Mustangs to make that movie. The driving sequences were shot with a small-block Ford powered car.

man i have only seen trailers for F&F:TD and after watching that race I am gonna have to pic this up. I already have 1 and 2 on dvd. as for the 4th film I am sure they will take either a GN or T Type and make it look like a GNX. I remember reading in a magazine that the Viper used in TD was an early preproduction test mule of the 2002 car that was cleaned up and given a new paint job. it was pretty rough underneath. they did the same thing to the Aston Martin Vanquish in Die Another Day 😉.

i wish they didn't put the cheesy music on that second clip, i wanna hear the embarisment in the viper owners voice. i wanna know what's in that monte!

i meant the ?87 in the homemade clip. it looks stock, but it obviously ain't!

joe_padavano said:
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
The driving in the 3rd one made it bearable to watch, but it sucks that they ruined that 67 or 68 Mustang fastback. the cool thing was that they actually did make the RB26DETT from a Nissan Skyline actually run in the Mustang-it wasn't just a non-functional prop. It was cool to me because a RB powered Rambler American is one of my darkest fantasies...

Actually, they ruined about SIX Mustangs to make that movie. The driving sequences were shot with a small-block Ford powered car.

Well, there are a couple problems here, (sorry guys, I know, "the noob" thing). The engine reffered to that was shown in the mustang was a SR20DET, not the skyline motor. Look carefully at the car in the first drift racing sequenses, Nissan 240zx, or in Japan; the 180. Also pause anytime they show the engine; 4 cylinders, the Skyline motor is a 6.
Secondly there was an artical posted in a few notable automotive magazines that state that the SR20 was only in the car for photo shoots, they couldn't make it work properly. The driven car was powered by a 390FE engine, big block. I should say "cars" because they did admit to smashing up a few. Don't mean to be a pain in the *ss, but I have been a mechanic for the past 12 years. And while my heart truely lies with the F-bodies and all american steel, one has to stay on top of the "popular" items to make good money. I could go on for hours about the things that are messed up with any of the movies, (that's why my wife doesn't let me see them in the theaters).
I am however looking forward to another one, it would be great to see more American muscle, and hopefully they don't scrap it all!

megaladon6 said:
i wish they didn't put the cheesy music on that second clip, i wanna hear the embarisment in the viper owners voice. i wanna know what's in that monte!
I found a write up on the Monte:

Two of the nine first-generation Monte Carlos built for The Fast & the Furious: Tokyo Drift had big-blocks — this one with the 560-horsepower 509 aboard and the other with a 700-hp, 572-cubic-inch Bill Mitchell "Hardcore" crate engine (the other seven either had small-block V8s or were used as engine-less bucks). In both Chevrolet cars, the engines feed Hooker headers and Flowmaster mufflers and, for story purposes, are disguised with "Hardcore 632" valve covers. Both run Richmond T-10 four-speed manual transmissions, Wenco driveshafts and Moser-built 12-bolt rear-ends running 4.88:1 gears in a spool differential. Both also ride on a chassis wearing Global West front control arms and coil springs, KYB shocks, Speedway Engineering anti-sway bars, Global West weight jack plates and quick-ratio steering boxes.

i mean the second clip not the movie clip!!!! the one shot on a personal camera at some random road. they run two or three different times. its a 87 or so monte ss-white on stock rims vs. a viper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor