Fast and furious

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The semi incidents I mentioned were fatalities

People who voluntarily remove their defective DNA from the gene pool should be seen as a good thing.

This is an argument for MORE Fast and Furious movies.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Well, I for one, enjoy the movies. They at least try to show some of the car culture. I like watching them bash up tons of cars in chase scenes. I enjoy the stunts. I am not expecting to see some Oscar performance or expect it to change my life, more like an arcade version for enjoyment. If one person bought something that was in the movie or referred to, it has helped the car, and as far as everyone on a G-body forum is concern aftermarket part, because we are not buying new cars.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
People who voluntarily remove their defective DNA from the gene pool should be seen as a good thing.

This is an argument for MORE Fast and Furious movies.

In internet slang, killing oneself is called "becoming an hero." Perhaps this is why.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I should add that it was equally cool leaving the Fast 5 movie in a "Grand National".

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I used to collect Mopars. In Mopar culture in the 1980's/1990's, B-bodies were looked down upon. My mom drove a 383 4 speed charger for my grade school car pool in the 1970's. Std. B-bodies, including even road runners and R/T chargers were a car your dad thought was Fast/Cool. If you wanted to be fast/cool you had an E-body. Only the Daytona/Superbird commanded big bucks. Even rare '69 Charger 500's were relatively cheap.

Prices reflected the desire. Even rusty E-bodies could be restored for a profit.

When Don Johnson drove a '71 E-body convert in prime time in the 2000's, E-body prices went up another 2X. Cha-Ching.

The Dukes of Hazard beat the crap out of '69 Chargers all through the 1980's and the values never really went up that much.

I will give credit to the F&F franchise for finally making B-bodies worth restoring. High school kids today think Chargers are "cool". And unlike 20 years ago, you can now put $40K into the restoration of one and get it back out (instead of losing $20K)

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Although I was 3 when the first one came out, I remember watching it on tv all the time. THe first three, were the essence of the series. Fast cars, hot chicks, and street racing. Then 4 dicked it all up.

Concur. My favorite car movies were on-ofs: Bullitt, Two-Lane Blacktop, American Graffitti (the exception), Gumball Rally, World's Fastest Indian, and Cars (the other exception). In Cars, man, they nailed the straight-six glasspack sound. I am building a GMC 270 and a Chevy 261 and I want to try to find that sound when done...

The F&F movies has lame points, some good points just to get attention for the hobby. There are cheesey & good car movies for all generations. As Axisg noted about Corvette Summer for those of use who do remember (hey kids, its Mark Hamill!)

Cheez Whiz at its finest! Right-hand drive, no less!

Pontiac was actually sued in the 1980's because some idiots bought a TA, got drunk and crashed it and the Suit claimed Pontiac's support of Smokey and the Bandit and Hooper, etc. were the reason. Pontiac was "Getting Rich" off of promoting dangerous and criminal behavior.

It made all three network's newcast's because it fit their narrative of a need for an ever expanding nanny state.

Yup.

My mom drove a 383 4 speed charger for my grade school car pool in the 1970's. Std.

My parents' first car together was a jade green '63 Nova with a three-speed. Not quite so cool, and I was too young to appreciate it, but I hear ya!

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I thought the Road Warrior has a more realistic attack on rigs than the first F&F. A ricer with a cartoon harpoon gun has no chance stopping a rig, it would end up getting towed and rolled like the marauder buggy in Mad Max 2. Not to mention a rig would likely just ram an attacking car out of its way. The most accurate rig attack would be in the Rockford Files episode Gearjammers, where crooks just stood out of their sunroofs with pump action shotguns and forced the rig driver to pull over.

Reactions: 1 users

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I've always wondered why they even used safety cables. They were so long the dude would have hit the highway if he slipped lol

406 Monte

Greasemonkey
Jul 1, 2016
Minnesota
I know Gone in 60 Seconds is pretty cheezy too but I like that movie. Not a Ford guy but how can you not like ELEANOR.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor