Favorite Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I was asked to bounce in a club in Montreal that Meatloaf played at, turned out to be easy money that night and got paid to watch one of my favorite bands....I had some training a a good reputation for not starting sh*t but was pretty good at stopping it.....:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Too many to count! That said- I am forever a Status Quo fan since 1968. While stationed in Furth, Germany in '75 I left on a month's leave to go home and get married. Upon my return I was decimated to learn Quo played Furth the weekend before I got back. AAAAARGH!!! Anyway I loyally waited for 40 more years until they came to Irving Plaza in NYC. YES!!! I can die happy now- I saw Quo live! I saw them again at BB King's several years later. Beyond describable live- you leave exhausted. I could post a clip that is 10 or 50 years old, they have been at it that long. But this is a clip from their last ever concert together as the original band members reunited a few years ago. Ironically soon after this Rick passed away last Christmas. Enjoy kids- Grampas rock!
Never heard of these guys, have to check them out.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Even though I'm older than most of you here, I don't mind some of the newer stuff. This band is probably my favorite of what I'd consider a "newer" band. And they've even been around for nearly two decades now.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Never heard of these guys
Yeah, I'm not surprised. They had a big hit in the USA in '68 called "Pictures of Matchstick Men". They never caught on here. But in England they were an institution. In Europe, Japan, and South America- they were humongous. Prince Charles cherishes a gold record given to him by Quo. Rob Reiner said the inspiration for Spinal Tap was Quo- "The Loudest Band in the World". When I was at the Irving Plaza show I was surrounded by guys from Argentina who made the journey. There are a ton of videos on YouTube. Grab a few beers and have at it- I guarantee your feet won't sit still.

Last edited:

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Katatonia, Puscifer, Tech 9, Atomship, just to name a few. I like a really wide range of music depending on mood.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Well, I'm sure you heard of these guys. Remember that cutesy cool '80's dance band we all loved on the radio? Well they are still at it too- MINISTRY. WAKE UP!!!

Reactions: 1 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
The Beach Boys are my all time Favorite !!
Guy

Reactions: 2 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
So Guy- did you know The Beach Boys did a tour with Status Quo? Yup.

Man that was AWESOME !!!
Thanks for posting that video .
Guy

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor