Favorite Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I was at this Halloween concert at Radio City in 1980. Up to then all I knew was Workingman's Dead and of course Truckin' ruled the radio for years. After this show I was changed forever! On the official video of the show (Dead Ahead) they pan the audience a lot. You can see my bunch sitting on the seat backs. Then I can be seen getting up and stumbling towards the rest rooms. Too many beers!!!! Who knows this is an old Skeeter Davis song?!?
s-l400.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
then you probably like another one of my favorites...Average White Band

You're right. Steve,
They were another one of my favorite groups of all time. I also liked many of the bands with good horn sections...Blood, Sweat, and Tears, Chicago, 10-wheel Drive, etc.

Last edited:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey Jack, remember when NYC was broke, burning, and circling the bowl? What saved us? PUNK ROCK!!!

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey Jack, remember when NYC was broke, burning, and circling the bowl? What saved us? PUNK ROCK!!!
Mark,
The Ramones were an icon in the NYC area along with Lou Reed and the Velvet underground, The NY Dolls (with David Johanson), Blondie, just to name a few.

Last edited:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Sadly the only time I got to see them live was when they played at the Our Lady of Lourdes gym back in '89. My kids were going to school there and to this day they are mad I didn't take them. I myself wore GI issue earplugs so I could enjoy the music without going deaf. Someone filmed it and it just showed up on YouTube after all these years. Pretty bad quality doesn't do justice to the show. All they said was "It's great to be back in Queens- 1-2-3-4......" and tore into it.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*

I've seen theses guys a bunch of times. During this era they had 7 drummers on stage at once at a Portland show I attended. If any of you metal guys click my link, watch the last 15 minutes or so -- some faces you may recognize on the left side of the stage. Anselmo does a pretty good drunk Driven impersonation at the very end.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
I like just about any kind of music. Love me some Motown. Right now listening to Metallica, Ride the Lightening, The Call of Ktulu.

Reactions: 3 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho

I've seen theses guys a bunch of times. During this era they had 7 drummers on stage at once at a Portland show I attended. If any of you metal guys click my link, watch the last 15 minutes or so -- some faces you may recognize on the left side of the stage. Anselmo does a pretty good drunk Driven impersonation at the very end.

I'm surprised anyone let's Anselmo near a stage.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor