Favorite G-Body Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
I have a little inquiry about everyone's favorite G interior. As a whole I like the Cutlass interior, only with buckets and a floor shifter, rally gauges, and the sport wheel. However, my favorite G-Body dashboard has to be the GP. The gauges are layed out nicely, lots of fake wood, and it just has a nice look to it. What's your favorite G interior?
hurstint.jpg

GPdash.jpg

Reactions: StreetStock#72
No pics to support but my favorites are:
1) 1984 Buick Grand National with Lear Siegler seats
2) 1986 442 with hounds tooth fabric - Blue or Ox Blood (without sun fade of course). There are still many very nice low mileage 442's like this that show up at the Lansing Homecoming show. They are stunning when crispy clean.

am i the only one that feel like the gp center console came from a boat? i love the gp interior but the gnx by far is my best choice

I'm partial to the Cutlass interior. And to me the GP dash looks like it should be in a Freightliner...

I think I'm a bit of an oddball because I prefer the bench seat / column shift setup and I'm not a fan of the bucket seat interiors. I think the comfort level is not even comparable. The bench seat is like driving around on a sofa whereas the bucket seats are like being at a Cubs game. They are more appealing aesthetically or to a collector but which ones do you really want to be sitting in for a full day of driving on a road trip?

Definitely the cl montes. There so dam comfortable its like the chevy version of brougham. I like the bench seat with a ratchet shifter....

Unless we are both oddballs...I'm definitely a bench/column shift guy as well (exception - buckets and lightning rods of course). Lean back, arm up, cruise! Overall I like Cutlass interiors visually. GP dashes are sweet, but never really cared for the GP center console myself.

The GP interior was copied from the previous versions with a few differences. I looks like they tried to keep the same appearance with the smaller car and I liked what they did. Here is an interior like I had in my 74 GP.

32242070007_large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor