Favortie car movies and car chase scenes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'll throw 3 more out at you. The first would be the original "Italian Job" movie from 1969, with Michael Caine. Next would be "The California Kid", with Martin Sheen, Michelle Phillips (from the Mommas & Poppas), and Vic Morrow as the sherriff (he also played the sherriff in Dirty Mary Crazy Larry). And last but not least would be "The Gumball Rally" from 1976, with Michael Sarrazin & Tim McIntire. There are many others for sure, but those are several of my favourites.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
"Hot Rod" 1979. See it. Also "The Wraith" with Charly Sheen is a favorite. "Two Lane Blacktop" is pretty good but I really like the original "Gone in 60 Seconds".

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
Christine, is probably my favorite car movie..i guess it shows you how your car and what you put into it determines alot about yourself.(you will know what im talking about if you have ever seen it!)

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA
Brick442 said:
wat? did I miss someone saying the chase in Four Brothers? Crappy movie, but pretty cool chase scene in the snow involving a 1986 442!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be1eN6sKEw8

that scene makes me sick... had to stop at 1:43... hate to see such a beautiful car get handled like that. anyone rember P2 (2007)? they destroyed a perfect 86? cutlass!!!!! stupid hollywood... if your gonna destroy a car like that, at least leave it the dignitiy of doing something amazing or being in a good movie

87SS383

Apprentice
Jan 15, 2010
I DEFINATELY have to agree with Death Proof. Kurt Russel is a crazy SOB in that movie, add that in with vintage muscle and Rosario Dawson and you got yourself a movie! How about the Ferrari Scene in Bad Boys II where they're chasing the Haitians, who are driving a Nova, 78 Blown Trans Am, & 68 Carmaro. Also, how about the scene from Bourne Identity? In the Mini?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I can't believe no one has brought up my favorite car movie of all time! The Post apocalyptic Mad Max! Here is the opening chase scene from the first movie. Notable cars: Black Holden Monaro (not sure if it is a GTS or not), and the police cars are Ford Falcons. Max's car is a Falcon GT/HO Phase III (you can tell by the hood that has all the scoops), and the one that smokes a lot and is smashed through the camper was actually a six cylinder Melbourne taxi cab.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7GKP_dB3Hmw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7GKP_dB3Hmw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This should be the Australian version. It has Aussie slang that was deemed inappropriate for the American market, so the version commonly seen here is actually dubbed into American English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor