Fiberglass GP Body panels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
Is there any companies out there that sell fiberglass body panels, or fiberglass bumpers for a 1987 GP? I have been searching all over the net and I can't seem to come across any. Thanks for any kind of help you can offer.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
VFN sells hoods and doors for 81up Grand Prix.
Then they sell hoods,deck lids,bumpers for 78-80 but no doors?
Go figure.

dirty joe

Apprentice
Dec 14, 2006
405 okc
KMac said:
I asked the guy at the local speed shop and he gave me this site. Says he doesnt know how good their products are, but has seen them advertised alot. He's been dragging monte's since i was little, so i trust him as a source
http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/grand.html

i cant ever get a hold of these guys. i have tried to call them and send e-mails and got nothing back

scottw

n00b
Feb 26, 2008
New Oxford, PA
shotgun said:
VFN sells hoods and doors for 81up Grand Prix.
Then they sell hoods,deck lids,bumpers for 78-80 but no doors?
Go figure.
Whats the webpage for VFN? Thanks

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL

DSM

Apprentice
Feb 1, 2008
Michigan
Lauren Engineering sells fiberglass bumpers that fit the 87. The Lauren bumpers only replace the chrome outer shell and keep the inner steel impact bar. The stock front bumper is 20 lbs, fiberglass is 6 lbs. Stock rear bumper is 22 lbs, fiberglass 8 lbs. Bumpers are $249 each.

http://www.laureneng.com/1817117.html

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
Thanks for all the help guys. I haven't been on the site lately cause I threw out my back on the job and haven't been able to work on my GP. But the good news is that the motor and transmission will finally be going in sometime in the next month so I will be able to tear up the streets again. Once again thanks for all the info.... I will be checking out these sites today.

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
DONT GO TO SHOWCARS!!!!
sorry to shout but my hood on the monte was from them, it is going to take alot of work to get to fit right, the edges are all unfinished ther are holes in the corners at the windshield, the cowl part or openeing in the back is uneven and it looks like the used a stock fiberglass monte hood and cut the hole in it to bond a fiberglass cowl onto, the ribs underneath the hood are also uneven where they cut them. I am going to have to put several hours into the hood to get it to fit right and the latch assmebly isnt even reinforced with steel its all very thin fiberglass

But have to remember i bought the hood 4-5 years ago and back then nobody else made any kind of fiberglass parts for a 78 monte. if i had to do it again i would go with VFN for anything.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I was thinking about buying a hood for my 79 AMC from them because no one else sold it, but their less-than-professional looking website made me think twice. They sell stuff for EVERYTHING, but it sounds like their quality leaves much to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor