Fiberglass Roof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2009
I'm new to the forum...looking for a fiberglass roof for a Monte Carlo I run on dirt tracks. Haven't had any luck with racing parts dealers. Any help on where to find one would be greatly appreciated.

G-BodyMaster

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 17, 2009
Franklin
whadrya gonna do weld it on lol

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Hmm, I don't understand what you mean. Like the whole roof? I don't think that would be such a good idea. Might make the body to flimsy.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Yeah man a fiberglass roof wouldn't work for allot of reasons, one of which being it would weaken the overall integrity of the body itself, not to mention a thin piece of flimsy fiberglass is not what you want covering your head on the track. Is something wrong with the roof on your monte now?

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
let's all assume he meant to say hood.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
There is a possibility that he runs in a class where they use all fiberglass bodies. It would just be a skin that attaches to the cage. Like nascar.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
how long have you been running dirt?.....5 star have been around forever so I'm surprised you havn't found this....here's a composite roof....

http://www.fivestarbodies.com/index.php ... ts_id=1159

it's for a late model monte but there isn't any for a G body since all they make is doors, fenders and quarter panels out of sheet metal. The roof on a G body isn't that heavy when it's gutted so I don't see the advantage that the cost and time factor of a glass roof makes it worthwhile.....

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, the integrity issue doesn't necessarily hold water as the French company, Citroen, did it successfully in the 1955 DS. It was a steel unibody car with a factory fiberglass roof that was built until the early 70's.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Well, the integrity issue doesn't necessarily hold water as the French company, Citroen, did it successfully in the 1955 DS. It was a steel unibody car with a factory fiberglass roof that was built until the early 70's.

I think it's an oxymoron to use integrity and the french in the same sentence... 8)

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
pontiacgp said:
85 Cutlass Brougham said:

I think it's an oxymoron to use integrity and the french in the same sentence... 8)

touche :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor