Finally Caught Him at a light

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
buddy was talking sh*t to this kid in an f-body, they were gonna race, the kid wasnt from around here. buddies truck, 80's shortbox stepside 2wd, bbc427, brodix bb2 heads, solid roller cam, 325 dragradials, has ran in the 11's on a great weather day. kid looks in the truck and smirks and says" phhhh, its an automatic, i can take it" really, how much money you got? more than you he says... they race, he loses 200 bucks, so i say to him" ill race you double or nothing" he says in what and i point to my 79 malibu wagon i had before this car( sbc turbo 355, gn rear 3.42's and a powerglide, just ran in the 10's the weekend before), sitting on black stock 15x7 steele wheels and dogdish hubcaps, all dirty, and a flathood to boot. so he lips off, and we race for 400, he got beat even worse the second time :rofl: :rofl:
he was so pissed and called me a cheater, i said whys that? he says," cause you never told me it was turboed, or faster than that truck" you never asked dumbass, i mean broke *ss. :rofl:

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
I had a 87 CRX that I bought new. It only had about 75HP. I maxed it out around 100mph a time or two. I later bought a basic Saturn SL and it had a lot more pep. Now I have a Jeep Wrangler and it has even more pep. I have raced kids off the line in their j* cars in my Jeep. I think they are surprised that I can squeal 30x9.5" tire in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. :) I don't do that anymore, though. The Jeep's getting old and I don't want to break an axle.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Lots of people underestimate Jeeps off the line. Before I retired my old cherokee (92, 4.0, auto, 31's) I took the front drivehaft out just to see what it was like having 2wd low range :shock:, that was fun, OD kicked at about 60 and the jeep still had smoke rolling off the tires :rofl: .

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I was lucky when I was in high school (early to mid 90's). The ricer fad hadn't caught on at all yet. Of course our school is in a rural community so the parking lot was basically 4x4 trucks, my '87 and a friends '84 Z28.

However later on there was a group of young high school kids that lived down the road from me. They were all into the huge wings, fart cans, etc. All they ever did was drive at full throttle down the road.
One night I saw them all standing outside their garage talking as I was coming home from work in my '87. This was after I had swapped the 455 in and a built TH-2004R. I stopped at the end of their driveway, put it down in first gear and did a huge burnout through 2nd gear.

I wish I had a recording afterwards. It sounded like I stirred up a hornets nest. :lol: :lol: I was sitting in my house and could hear them all running up and down the road trying to get out their frustration. lol

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i have yet to have a race in my elky, but i have raced a few tards in my saturn sl1. ive raced my friends cars and they all beat me with there bmw 330s and there vw jettas and my buddy with his 07 rsx type s. but every once in a while ill have some douchefag and his buddys pull up to me in there 4 door intrepid. so theres 4 ppl in there car and me by myself in my 85 hp car. who do you think would win? well they didnt so i laid the smack down with all my 85 mini horses and kick that *ss! i think the funniest thing about my car is when it snows like today and everyone is going 25 mph in there suvs and i pass them. stoopid ppl...

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
How's being safe during snow stupid? :roll:

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Good point. Driving slower in snow is not stupid, I get pissed at the people who don't drive slower. Read the post about how the one guys aerocoupe got rear ended and the cop blamed it on ice and said it was no ones fault. Tell him driving slower in snow is stupid. His two cents may be different.

viewtopic.php?t=16152&p=118471#p118471

Me and my old man have since moved and now were in the richer side of town. We got the house for a deal so at least were in the neighborhood. Think of it this way, George straight, harrison ford, and all the san antonio spurs basketball players live right next to me. What pisses me off when I was driving the bu is you'll see all these punk kids who are silver spooners. Mommy and daddy bought them new bmw's, mustangs, and A LOT of them got lamborgini's (excuse the spelling) gellardos. I'm sitting there like "WTF!" and their doing the same thing when I'm driving by. One kid got pissed when I'm hot rod red paint job was brighter then his ferrari's red and he got even more pissed when I wooped his a** in a quarter mile straight away. IMO if you want respect, you earn it... build the car and pop momma's sugar t*tty out your mouth. :idea:

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
I can understand going slower in the snow, but some people are TOO cautious... I've had times when I'm moving along at an already-slow pace and some people are going slow enough that I don't even think they're touching the gas pedal :shock: I'm one of the more confident drivers, so I drive faster than some, but I don't go overboard (I've seen many people fly past me, often clearly doing well over the speed limit on a snow- or ice-covered road), I still rarely go the speed limit if it's 45 or over.

:lol: My cousin (17) was talking a couple days ago about one of her classmates, I heard her say something along the lines of a)the kid was doing something around 30mph+ over the limit, so b)his '07-ish Cobra Mustang was impounded, c)his dad was going to make him pay the fee to release it, and d)he was upset because he "had" to drive the 'Vette... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor