Finally Joined the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Over labor day, my 17 year old son and I drove my '86 T-type 700 miles to Nebraska for winter storage (and give my dad something to tinker on over the winter) and drove my '86 502+2 back to Texas the next day (averaging over 71 mph for the trip).

Both cars performed flawlessly, though the Buick was surprising how well it cruised at 85 mph. I had not taken it on a road trip in over 15 years and speed limits were much lower back then.

I brought the 2+2 back to Texas to work out some bugs before next summer's open road race season and get my son some seat time in it, since he is taking over as navigator from my dad for 2017 (since dad is 78) and will probably begin driving a leg of the races soon.

Here are some pictures of the cars.

1986 T-Type Turbo that I've owned over 20 years:
86_t-type_side_s.jpg

Stock appearing, but it has run 11.53@118 on radials looking just like this (LS1 MAF & Cone K&N hidden inside stock airbox):
DSCN6919.JPG

Since running the 11.50's I've rebuilt the motor with forged pistons, ported the heads and added a 214 cam but haven't had it back to the track, yet.

Pontiac 2+2 Open Road racer. ZZ502, T56. featured in May 2016 Car Craft.
2.jpg

In August, we won the 2016 Loup2Loup 100 mph class and finished 3rd out of 17 cars in the 115mph class of the SORC.

With the car stored in Nebraska it wasn't getting driven enough. It was built to be driven, so we drove it 700 miles back to Texas.

Reactions: 7 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Cool cars man. Welcome to the forum. Lots of cool people here.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the forum as well. You've had that 2+2 for quite awhile, haven't you? I used to own a 2+2, and I remember seeing an article about your car online years ago.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome to the forum!
Two very nice examples of G-body's. Thank you for sharing pics and info of your prized possessions.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Welcome. I read the article on your 2+2. I would love to do some road racing like that. It's really cool to see a G Body beating expensive sports cars. I love that white Regal too. There's a guy right next to my work with a white Regal that I've been trying to talk him into selling to me for a while. 11.50's is pretty quick. You've got 2 really nice cars.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Welcome UNGN; I do like your GP & you certainly know how to have Fun! And that Buick seems to Zip along very well also. Many here like unique automobiles, you'll fit right in. Welcome, Ol'e Bob.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor