Finally, my own LeMans body and paint thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
adam6640 said:
That's awesome wish I could do that with mine,you going to change color while your at it ? what all you doing to it ?

Staying with blue, but a different shade. So far I've replaced/upgraded/added brakes, ball joints, steering linkage, transmission crossmember and mount, engine mounts, springs and shocks, rear end swap, changed from AC to non AC, close ratio steering box, stabilizer bars, control arm bushings. I'm working on painting my interior panels dark blue as opposed to the light blue it came with, and collecting new interior parts as needed. When the car comes back from the shop I'm going to start putting it back together and then making some final decisions on drivetrain. I'm torn right now between rebuilding the stock '69 L48 300hp 350 that I have in the garage (along with beefing it up a bit) or going with a brand new ZZ4 crate engine. The car came with a TH350 so I'm just going to get that rebuilt to back up the engine

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have an F41 rear bar if you need it for the price of a coffee... and I think I have the lower control arms laying around, boxed with the poly bushing for the price of a donut to go along with the coffee..... :)

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Thanks Steve, but all of the suspension/steering stuff is already done. Once the body is done it will be put the exterior and interior back together, then the engine/transmission/exhaust and plumbing, then finish off with the wheels which I still need to get refinished. For wheels I got a set of rally II's from crazyliver.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You're very fortunate to find a conscientious, dilligent bodyman who's willing to document everything he's done so far. Sounds like he takes pride in his work.
It's going to be a nice driver when it's done.

Keep up the good work.

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
He definitely takes pride in it, in fact he seems to be excited about it. Last time I was in he was telling me that he got his start in the late '70's as a body man in the local Pontiac dealership and remembers working on these things when they were new. Obviously the shop's bread and butter is insurance/collision work but from talking to them and others who have dealt with them this kind of stuff is what they enjoy doing.

80lemans

Apprentice
Jun 13, 2009
South Carolina
Your car looks good. Keep us updated.

If you are in need of any Lemans parts, let me know, I still have a an assortment. Mostly interior and dash stuff but I do have a rear bumper and quarter glass.

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
80lemans said:
Your car looks good. Keep us updated.

If you are in need of any Lemans parts, let me know, I still have a an assortment. Mostly interior and dash stuff but I do have a rear bumper and quarter glass.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Can't think of anything off hand that I need right now that I haven't already sourced.

Update: Been stopping by the shop every Friday the last couple of weeks, a little progress but nothing worth getting pictures of. Mainly working on patch panels that were already pictured, he got busy again with some insurance work which is ok because I'm in no hurry. I'm just about done painting my interior panels, had a bit of a warm spell that allowed for some work in the garage but now it's gotten cold again and I've finally come down with whatever virus has been going around and it's slowed me down a bit lol. I'll post some pictures of the interior parts once it's all done.

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Some before and after shots of my seats, now that I've recovered them. So far got the rear done, still working on the front.
Rear cushion before
Brant-20130215-00219.jpg

And after
normal_Brantford-20130215-00222.jpg

Seatback before
normal_Brantford-20130215-00220.jpg

Seatback after
normal_Brant-20130217-00224.jpg

And both together, big improvement!
normal_Brant-20130217-00225.jpg

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Stopped by the shop this morning, it had been a couple of weeks (of not much progress) since I'd been in. I was pleasantly surprised...
Nasty hood dent that I caused, gone.
normal_Brantford-20130219-00230.jpg

normal_Brantford-20130219-00227.jpg

They say it might be ready for first primer by the end of the week
normal_Brantford-20130219-00226.jpg

There used to be a nasty hole in the wheel well here
normal_Brant-20130219-00229.jpg

normal_Brant-20130219-00228.jpg

normal_Brantford-20130219-00231.jpg

Starting to show some more progress :D

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Lookin' good, man. Nice to see progress underway. Seats look good, too. What color is the car going to be, blue again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor