Finally, my own LeMans body and paint thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
are you still going with this color?

Dusk%2520blue.jpg

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
As he told me, in first coat of primer by the weekend :D . Now he's taking a week vacation and when he gets back he's going to get back at it.
normal_Brantford-20130222-00235.jpg

normal_Brantford-20130222-00234.jpg

You can really tell from these pictures, I got him to fill in the clip holes for the bumper rubber trim. I'm going "trimless"

80lemans

Apprentice
Jun 13, 2009
South Carolina
Making good progress.

Filling the trim holes is a good idea. I had planned to use black body molding in mine.

Are you going to fill the Pontiac lettering holes in the center section of the nose?

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Update on body shop progress. Hasn't been that much the last few weeks as they got busy again. The last couple of days he's been back at it, got the car block sanded again and did some touch ups. Got the doors off and primed the door openings and the insides of the doors. He tells me it could be wearing at least some colour by the end of next week as he trims up the door openings, insides of the doors, underside of the trunk, etc. Then he's going to put it on the hoist and finish off 1 floor spot and do the wheel wells. After that it's the final full paint job :D
normal_Brant-20130405-00262.jpg

Was able to get in and get a good picture of the repairs done to the nasty spot in the left rear wheel well/floor area.
normal_Brantford-20130405-00257.jpg

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
Hey Wildmani, your lemans is looking good :D That body shop really does nice work and they seem to really care about quality. Good find.

Where did you get your seat material from? Were they custom made for you or from an established supplier?
deanlemans81

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Thanks Dean. Yeah, I'd heard good things about them before I went there but I've been more than impressed with them. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone local to me. They don't have a big shop, but they do good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor