Finally! SS spoiler installed:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984 Cutlass

Apprentice
Mar 12, 2012
Bloomington Minnesota
After a couple of days of messing around, (and some modifying) I finally got my SS spoiler on! It looks great, I think it does anyway. tell me what you guys think.I know it needs a was, don't judge me lol:)

469645_451070671570581_2056348220_o.jpg

469788_451071021570546_1870806641_o.jpg

1984 Cutlass

Apprentice
Mar 12, 2012
Bloomington Minnesota
Well the area above the taillights has to be shaved down about an eighth to a quarter of an inch (on the spoiler of course)to not rub on the lenses. Also the contour of the trunk is slightly different than a Monte decklid. If you want it to fit perfectly, you should really trim quite a bit off of the back side at the bottom so there is less of a curve there. Once you trim that area, there will be more of a right angle than a curve. That way it will fit in more snug on the curve of a Cutlass decklid. I still have a little bit more to finish up underneath there lol.

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
i love your car...................the spoiler on the other hand i dislike!!

just me being honest...

peace

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
I like it in the second pic, in the first pic the angle looks wrong. I think it's actually a nice mod that blends decent. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor