firearms: what ya got or want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I would not count on being able to get another one.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
After carrying an M16A2 for 4 years here's my take on AR's:

-Good for recreational shooting
-Good as a ranged weapon.....picking off predators, nuisance animals, etc if you have that much property.
-Good if you're anticipating shooting several zombies from a roof top LOL!

We only fired them at 200, 300 and 500 yards on the range. I tend to think I have a little more training with them than the average citizen and I haven't even seriously thought about buying one yet. Not that I don't like them, I just can't justify a use for one. IMO, shotguns and handguns are more effective in what I would consider my zone for an imminent threat.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
DRIVEN said:
Mmmm...Kimber :drool: .
they were sold out all over the place too, but i was determined to get this one... there is another shop i normally go to and there prices are very nice... if they would have had it in stock, would have saved me $300... crazy!

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'm still looking for a 91/30 but refuse to pay AR adjusted prices. It's ridiculous out there.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
[youtube]?v=Vgr3kTU68uw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My Mosin search is over! Picked up a '37 Tula this morning. I had been looking for a 91/30 to do a sported project for a couple months now. Ran across this aborted project and couldn't say no. Unfortunately the original stock is long gone but that just makes it easier for me to hack it up. It's still in cosmoline and the guy I got it from had only cleaned out the inside of the barrel. Such a beautiful bore! I like the Boyds thumbhole so I'll probably sell the ATI stock and scope mount but keep the strap. Even came with a case of ammo and the hard case. Anyway, when I get going on it I'll post up a couple pics.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
So maybe you guys can help me out... At a gunshow today I bought a flintlock pistol for 50 bucks on a whim... But now I'm thinking maybe I got taken. It looks pretty much just like the one in this picture only with without the engraving on the barrel band.

1063_11_lrg.jpg

Anyway I took it apart to check it out... And it appears that the barrel is a casting not a forging (I could be wrong, but it has marking that looks like the leftovers from a die casting on the hidden parts inside the stocks) and the flame hole from the primer pan into the chamber isn't drilled. You can see a like guide hole in the side where you should drill a hole if you were so inclined. But is this normal of black powder kits? Which I'm sure it was a kit built gun, if not a prop gun. Do you usually have to drill the hole, and is it safe for the barrel to be cast? I know that black powder chamber pressures aren't that high but being a casting still scares me. Don't want it to explode in my face.

Do you think this thing is meant to be a non firing replica? It seems very sturdy like it's a real gun and doesn't seem really cheaply made... And I took the lock out and it seems well made and the spring is very strong and the frizzen works like it should.

The guy that sold it to me said he knew nothing about it, he took it on a trade from a guy that owed him some money... And if it didn't sell he was just going to use it as a display piece in his house. I bought it to play with, he said all I had to do was put a new flint in it and it would fire.

Still if I'm only out 50 bucks not that big of a deal... I'm sure I can recoup most if not all of that money if I want to re-sell it.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Picked up a Boyd's stock for the Mosin. The finish is called "Pepper". Boyd's puts out a beautiful product and it fits great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor