firearms: what ya got or want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
ive been looking on the innerwebs and found a 1911 for under $500 its called "Regent R100 1911".
iac-regent-r100-1911-a1-45acp-nib_1.jpg

its got good reviews sofar. i found a vid on it.
[youtube]sT5f4dS0sEk[/youtube]
and i found this thing called a gaspedal for the 1911, heres a vid:
[youtube]lsje4Xf2jH4[/youtube]
it seems like a bad *ss combo to me, .45 acp with low recoil, unheard of!

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
DrRansom442 said:
maximus84 said:
All blades?

I got a bow and an asp too, if that's what you mean ... no guns

I don't do guns either. I've had a .22 rifle but nothing special, here's some blades, navy knife, my hunting knife that needs to be cleaned, the little pocket knife is a ukrainian spring loaded jack knife (try explaining that at the airport :roll: ). Also have an old russian switchblade at my dads house.

5704861209_c1c372f33f_m.jpg

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
You know what they say about bringing a knife to a gun fight. :lol:

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
ya I really should get something for defense but I hate to have a shotgun in the apartment, I was thinking a glock 9mm but don't have the time or money to go out to the range. The way I see it, its not responsible for me to own one without getting to the range often. I've shot a lot of guns, had some friends in the marines that had small collections some exotic stuff. I don't hunt often but usually go out with a buddies .22 or just use the knife and catch a pig, good fun, theres no wild hogs around here so I really don't need a firearm getting out on his property

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
I hardly ever get to go to the range either and ammo has gotten so expensive it's not financially feasible for me to just go and blow through tons of ammo and it's not fun if you have to be stingy with your ammo. I used to go the range for an all day trip and blow through several hundred rounds by myself and now that would cost you a couple hundred dollars. :roll: :cry:

I'd usually go through a carton of bird shot and and two boxes of clays, a box of .38 specials, a box of .45's acp's, some .32's, and a dozen or so .44 magnums, and cap and ball .36 cals. And if we brought our rifles a couple hundred combined 8mm and 6.5mm mausers, .45-70's, .223's, 7.62x39's, 7mm Swiss, .30-06, .308, and .30-30's. And me and my dad would have a at least two tables just piled with guns. :rofl:

Now I'd be content to just bring shotguns or pistols as long as I had enough ammo to spend at least a good few hours shooting clays or targets.

deathproof

Greasemonkey
May 2, 2009
saint louis
kornball426 said:
I wouldn't buy one though, because I'm a snob and Taurus' are made in Brazil. There's just something about "made in Brazil" being stamped on it that makes me not like it. :lol:

Taurus/ Rossi Make great quality guns for a fraction of the price of American made weapons. Along with Rock Island Armory, who makes an awesome 1911 clone. Unlike Kimber or others they are made from high Grade forged steel (unless noted) on tooling acquired from Colt no less.. If your on a tight budget You can't beat the price and reliability of guns manufactured in Brazil.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
kornball426 said:
I've got a S&W 4506-1 all stainless semi auto .45 acp, it's awesome bought it used, probably paid a little too much... But it's still awesome.

Hey kornball how you liking the S&W 4506-1? I recently picked up a 4506 with Hogue grips and 3 clips, case and 3 boxes of hollow points and am itching to try it out... :mrgreen: My looks practically new and i really good shape so if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay?? :wink: I have a feeling i might have overpayed as well... but it was so pretty 8)

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
I paid 400 for it last year and I love it I've only put 50 rounds through it but it's sweet my only complaint is that I only have one mag for it and they're somewhat uncommon and expensive to buy and it's very heavy.

Mines got hogue grips on it too, makes it some much more comfortable in your hand changes the angle on the back of the grip to a more 1911 type shape. When I bought it they had like 10 of them for sale, all in about the same condition I bought it because the grips were nicer all the rest of them had the crappy stock plastic grips.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I paid 500 for mine from the second owner who bought it from the first after his wife threatened to divorce him for having it :roll: , The grips do make it feel good in my hands and even though it's heavy it feels "right" for me..was yours a law enforcement trade in? I am going to buy range shells and go see how good it is. I haven't priced extra mags or ammo for it yet.... but i heard ammo is somewhat expensive. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor