firearms: what ya got or want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
500 still isn't a bad price 3rd gen S&W semi auto's are known for reliability and indestructiblity. The 4506 and 4566 are built on the same frame as the 10mm auto which is a much more powerful round than a plain .45apc, and they're known to feed just about any kind of ammo and jam much less than most semi auto's. And yeah mine was a LEO trade in, it came from the Phoenix AZ police dept according to the guy that sold it too me. How does yours look is the finish still nice and satin or does it have shiny spots and holster wear? And how tight is everything? Mine the slide rattles a little bit if you shake it from side to side but the barrel fits tight and everything else seems like it didn't get much wear. Mine has some blemishes though which on the one hand I like because I'm not afraid to go out and use it and have fun, which I am with my mint guns but I'm tempted to refinish it anyway something like these. Or polish it out to near mirror finish but that will make it harder to keep looking nice.

jan+2010+1911+serrations+027.JPG

IMG_1768.JPG

And yeah it feels right in my hand too but it's too heavy for a carry piece in my opinion unless you've got an underarm holster or a big cop holster. :lol: Sure there are better guns out there, but for the price you couldn't buy a 1911 from an American maker that's this good that's for sure which is why I bought mine. Don't get me wrong I really like 1911's and one is on my buy list. But 4506 SW have all the features of upgraded 1911's they have a self centering barrel that doesn't require a bushing like the 1911, and a full length guide rod for the slide, coil spring hammer/trigger group instead of a flat spring, an interupter/hammer drop disconnect ambidextrous safety, and some other stuff I forget. The main drawback of the design to me is the trigger feels kind of crappy, but I do like having double action. And I wish the main spring used a more user friendly method to capture the spring for dissassembly I've sent the guide rod flying across the room a couple times and that spring is definitely powerful enough to put an eye out if you're not careful. :lol:

Oh plus it's all stainless, which I know isn't unique or anything but it's definitely lower maintenance which I love... I hate when you put a gun in the safe (which I keep humidity controlled I try to keep between 20% and 45% just so the wood in my rifles and shotguns doesn't dry out too much) even if you clean it well and make sure to wipe off your fingerprints so you don't leave the acids and oils from your skin, and then a couple weeks later you open up your safe and your gun has rust on it anyway that really pisses me off I take really good care of my stuff and it gets a little rust anyway. :evil:

Glad to hear i didn't overpay! 😀 That finish is sweet! My 4506 has its finish all satin looking except for maybe two small areas. But mine was bought by a civilian from Montana from what i was told and the guy i got it from put about 600 rounds or so. It has very minimal play on it on both the slide and barrell. I took it to my uncle who is a gun nut and he told me it was in excellant shape. He also showed me his toy a .38 Super Colt 1911 black with ivory grips that thing was SWEET as well... He just told me to hang on to this one and keep it clean. 8)

That 1911 sounds awesome was it a Gold Cup model? I'd like that look, or I'd like a nickle plated one with some ebony grips.

Yeah 600 rounds through a 4506 is nothing it's barely broken in. :lol: I think mine has a few thousand through it but I would be willing to bet it's good for another 10 thousand at least, maybe 15 and I'll never put that many through it. Even in a gun from a major police department from a big city like Phoenix they don't use their guns very much, they have to qualify with their side arm once a year and just to stay in practice I bet it got a couple hundred rounds through it a year. And I ran the serial number I think mine is a 1999 (last year) if I remember correctly, so doing my guesstimation of 2-300 rounds a year from 1999 to 2009 ten years times 3-400 rounds a year I'm guessing it's got 3 to 4 thousand rounds through it. :lol:

But yeah man keep that gun first off it's sweet. And two the 2nd gen S&W auto's are going up in value, and I'm sure the 3rd gens are going to do the same thing in a few years.

kornball426 said:
That 1911 sounds awesome was it a Gold Cup model? I'd like that look, or I'd like a nickle plated one with some ebony grips.

Yeah 600 rounds through a 4506 is nothing it's barely broken in. :lol: I think mine has a few thousand through it but I would be willing to bet it's good for another 10 thousand at least, maybe 15 and I'll never put that many through it. Even in a gun from a major police department from a big city like Phoenix they don't use their guns very much, they have to qualify with their side arm once a year and just to stay in practice I bet it got a couple hundred rounds through it a year. And I ran the serial number I think mine is a 1999 (last year) if I remember correctly, so doing my guesstimation of 2-300 rounds a year from 1999 to 2009 ten years times 3-400 rounds a year I'm guessing it's got 3 to 4 thousand rounds through it. :lol:

But yeah man keep that gun first off it's sweet. And two the 2nd gen S&W auto's are going up in value, and I'm sure the 3rd gens are going to do the same thing in a few years.

His .38 special has " government issued" stamped on it so I'm not sure what model it is....just seen it for bit... 😀

As of now, I have a Savage 110 .30-06
sav_10fp_t.jpg

Also I have a Henry .22 lever carbine
HENH001L_1.jpg

I've got a year to go until I'm 21, but when I am, I'll be looking into getting these two:

Walther P99:
Walther_P99.jpg

Ruger SR1911:
ruger-sr1911.jpg

I like that lever gun... I need a lever gun, I want a Winchester 94 in either .30-30 or the .38 special/.357 magnum version. I think I'm more interested in the .357 magnum those can really pack a punch, and you could carry a whole lot of them in the tube compared to the longer .30-30 rifle round. Especially I don't know what they would do out of such a long barrel, I bet you could take a deer with one easily... Not that I'm interested in that.

I don't know anyone that has one of those Ruger made 1911's but if it's a Ruger I'm sure it's nice. I looked at one in a shop one time and I liked it a lot, the Sig version is bad *ss too. Might just need a little tune up like a lot of 1911's do to work really well. I will always be a Colt fan though, I like the original. 😛

I need a .22 to though it would be cool to have a .22 lever gun... But currently I'm interested in one of these. It's called the EAA "bounty hunter" .22 costs 200-275 bucks and comes with a .22 LR cylinder as well as a .22 magnum cylinder. It's a cheap version of the Ruger Single Six .22 basically but it costs half as much and is made in Germany and isn't as nice but I'm still interested they get pretty good reviews.

EaaBountyHunter22lr22Mag003.jpg

i have a yugo sks with all the tapco stuff on it. 30 round magizines and a red dot. i just bought my glock, clearly superior to the 1911 (that will spark some conversation) and I want a tactical remington 870 and i want to get the grenade launcher for my sks

Your SKS should already have a grenade launcher, that's what the funky looking thing on the end of the barrel of Yugoslavian SKS are. I had one of those when they first started showing up on the surplus market, they cost like three or four times what I paid for mine 5 years ago... Should have just hung onto it and sold it now, but I never really liked it. :lol:

Although it was fun when the firing pin got jammed and it went full auto ten round burst... :lol: :roll:

i always thought that was just the mount for the actualy launcher. i just looked it up and you is correct lol. i wish i oculd buy the grenades though 🙁

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor