CUTLASS First time poster. 83 Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yah, I like the straight scoop W25 style hoods better than the angled scoop dual snorkel W25 style hood. The cowl will match the body lines better, touch up the bumper and passenger side paint and you will have a very nice ride. Planning on 1/4 mile runs? Welcome from another Olds guy.

Reactions: 1 user

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the forum! I like the accessory pulley setup you have on the Olds block...simple and clean. Where did you get it, and is there a power steering version?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Looking really good, looking forward to the progress

RG383Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2015
Thanks. I do agree with the straight scoop hood, it lines up better with the front header. I bought that angled scoop hood mid 90s before they were making that straight scoop W-25 hood. Car is currently 90% complete with the new paint. Yes sir the car will definitely see a lot of track time, but should still be street friendly with the overdrive. We did a rear frame notch, boxed the frame, upper and lower control arm reinforcements and widened the rear fender wells about 2". The car is currently sitting on 15x10s with 295-55-15 MTs. Shooting for 11s.

Reactions: 1 users

RG383Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2015
Welcome to the forum! I like the accessory pulley setup you have on the Olds block...simple and clean. Where did you get it, and is there a power steering version?

The pulley set up is from Dick Miller Racing. This set did come with the power steering pulley I just decided to go to a manual gear on this current build.. There are a few different options they offer.

Reactions: 2 users

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
The pulley set up is from Dick Miller Racing. This set did come with the power steering pulley I just decided to go to a manual gear on this current build.. There are a few different options they offer.

Excellent! Thank you for the info.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. Cool project! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I know one guy had issues with the Dick Miller set up, the power steering pulley was one of the issues. Hopefully the 2004R is armed for bear. I would think 11's should be no problem.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor