First time wagon owner intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
There is a switched hot on your fuse panel. I think it's labelled ACC. Crimp a spade connector on the hot wire, jack it in and then and run it through the firewall to the choke and crimp on the appropriate connector. If I recall correctly, I slipped it through an existing rubber wire pass-though above the oil pressure sender. The circuit is fused, but you can still include yours in line if you like.

Maliwagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 14, 2014
it's on a switched wire now.

The ps 64 oil pressure switch I just got seems to be only designed for idiot lights. It pegs out my oil pressure gauge needle. So I'm going to buy a brass T fitting that will let me screw in both the old pressure sending unit for the gauge and the new one for the electric choke. Just a little extra work. Think I'll have to orient the T fitting vertical so it clears the shifter bar and exhaust manifold.

[Correction: the ps64 is for 3 to 9 psi operating pressure, therefore I won't be using it for any oil light/gauge, just the switch for the e-choke. No wonder it pegged out :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor