Fixing up 1984 Monte Carlo SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutch949

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 12, 2016
Nice looking SS.I am just above Greensboro.I am by no means a mechanic,but have you checked all the vacuum hoses for rot and leaks.On my 305 we pulled all the smog crap off mine,put a new intake and a new four barrel carb and by the seat of pants that thing seemed like it picked up 50hrp. Of course mine came with a two barrel carb.If yours is computer controlled you might not should do that though.I know it does not have to have the smog test now.

James84SS

Apprentice
Dec 2, 2018
Detroit area
Welcome to the site, love the car. Have the same one. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

IMG_1708.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Ron_NC

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2019
Nice looking SS.I am just above Greensboro.I am by no means a mechanic,but have you checked all the vacuum hoses for rot and leaks.On my 305 we pulled all the smog crap off mine,put a new intake and a new four barrel carb and by the seat of pants that thing seemed like it picked up 50hrp. Of course mine came with a two barrel carb.If yours is computer controlled you might not should do that though.I know it does not have to have the smog test now.

Thanks! I go to Martinsville a few times a year. We will have to have a tech day lol

Ron_NC

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2019
Installed new spark plugs but not the cap or rotor yet. It made a great improvement but still running a little rough.
But I went ahead and dropped it off at the exhaust shop and the owner said he could look at the rough idle.
Keeping my fingers crossed :)

20191023_084312.jpg

20191023_101832.jpg

Attachments

• 20191023_084312.jpg
    20191023_084312.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 156
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor