floor jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
A plastic jack. I'd say "unbelievable" but ... no, it isn't.

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
inconceivable_princess_bride.gif

Reactions: 3 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
FWIW, I have the HF aluminum, bought my Dad one also. In work, we use GRAY. The HF have held up well for me.

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyD

Apprentice
Feb 16, 2021
Umatilla, Florida
Just purchased a 2.5T Aluminum from HF. Very well built. Only had a chance to use it once so far. Lifted both front wheels of my 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 with no problem. HF has the best deals on floor jacks IMHO

• Agree

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland
I bought the DAYTONA Long Reach Low Profile jack from HF last year before changing the springs on Elsie. Did a lot of research before settling on it, I was actually impressed with it. Only problem is the weight (100 lbs, IIRC) as I don't have a garage and have to tote it across the yard between my shed and carport. I'm looking for a cart/wagon for it now.
64241_W3.jpg

Screwz

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2021
Arkansas
I have been looking at getting a new floor jacks also. All I had was a cheap small floor jack that I was alway afraid to use to lift my diesel truck and I have been using a bottle jack. This has been long over due. 94A985A2-21B2-4B85-94D3-2F2CDDB021D6.jpeg DAE9F7A6-1E79-4CB4-9A6A-C19F2D7622A6.jpeg 0709F7A1-F903-49B4-BD0E-096F239B6F8A.jpeg
I can’t always afford to buy American. I wish I could but this jack from HF looks well built and it’s affordable.Should be a good addition to my shop.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I have been looking at getting a new floor jacks also. All I had was a cheap small floor jack that I was alway afraid to use to lift my diesel truck and I have been using a bottle jack. This has been long over due. View attachment 179003 View attachment 179004 View attachment 179005
I can’t always afford to buy American. I wish I could but this jack from HF looks well built and it’s affordable.Should be a good addition to my shop.
You'll love it. Wish I hadn't waited so long to get one myself

Reactions: 1 users

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: I just bought the 2 ton HF jack and it's very pretty. It's sitting in my kitchen for now but reading the instruction book it recommends changing the fluid every three years. I guess that's a good idea as my last jack I never did so maybe that's why it failed?
IBBY

Hurst so good

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2020
hello people: My old craftsman 1.5 ton is leaking and does not work properly and today a pop up came on as I've been looking. It shows a 2 ton pc.. for $32.00 and if you buy two shipping free. How's that sound to youz guys?
IBBY
watch out they are not all the same and you would be surprised at who has the better jacks. I bought a small craftsman to assist with a temp trans support. The jack would not hold the weight and would slowly lower over an hour. I returned and tried an Autozone set up and it did the EXACT same thing. SO I returned and bought a harbor freight 1/2 ton aluminum race jack with a coupon for about $60. that was 7 years ago and I beat the heck out of it and it does not leak down. the only thing I don't like is any side loading at all gives you an uneasy feeling. (no not to work under, maybe an akward position while your setting a jack stand kind of situation). But I would definitely recommend one from HF. FYI I think all the jacks I tried are from China so take that out of the equation. Good luck finding one made in USA.

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland
I bought the DAYTONA Long Reach Low Profile jack from HF last year before changing the springs on Elsie. Did a lot of research before settling on it, I was actually impressed with it. Only problem is the weight (100 lbs, IIRC) as I don't have a garage and have to tote it across the yard between my shed and carport. I'm looking for a cart/wagon for it now.
64241_W3.jpg
If you are interested you can see the solution I settled on for hustling this big, heavy jack back and forth between my shed and carport at https://gbodyforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-shop-today.74626/post-850332

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor