Floor pan compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevvw

n00b
May 20, 2014
Hi guys,
I have an 87 regal that I'm in the process of collecting parts to fix some of the rust problems it has. The only things I still need are floor pans and a passenger side rocker. I located a complete floor pan with floor supports and everything cut from a 78-81 4 door but I'm not sure it will fit my regal. Can anyone confirm the earlier 4 door A body floor pan will fit? If not what are my other options, do I have to find a pan from another 2 door G body?

I've been soaking up as much info as I can on this site for a while now and couldn't find an answer searching so I thought I'd see in anyone could clarify. Thanks for any answers you can give me.

chevvw

n00b
May 20, 2014
Thanks for the info. I think the car the floor pan came out of would have been an A body though, correct? If both cars were 2 doors I wouldn't question it so much, but being that the donor car was a 4 door I'm just not sure.

I guess I'll probably just have to measure and compare before I buy it to be sure, but was hoping to hear from someone who had experience swapping pans between 2 and 4 doors, A and G bodies.

Thanks

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
The a and g bodies made between 78-88 are the same thing. That's why they're usually referred to as just g bodies.

OCS

Apprentice
Jul 15, 2012
MN
You'll be fine. I used the floor from an '86 4door cutlass in my '79 elcamino. There weren't any fitment issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor