Flywheel weight determination UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
I may end up eating a little crow tomorrow. Can you sent me your cam specs and is it hydraulic, flat tappet or roller?
It is a hydraulic retro fit roller. I am in vegas right now and fly back to Ohio tomorrow morning. I will get the specs when I get home. Thanks again Mike. I assume that's your name!

Mike T

Greasemonkey
Mar 25, 2018
Baton Rouge, LA
Yes its Mike. No problem. My father in law was a big time hot rod guy who forgot more stuff than he taught me before he died. I like using the knowledge although I still learn something new every time I tackle a project.
Anyway, a couple years ago, I bought the Dynomation-5 simulation software. I loaded it on my laptop last night and loaded the updates.
We can spec your motor in and see what kind of numbers it will spit out. If you want to experiment with different parts before you buy we can plug that in and see what works best. I'm retired so time is not too much of an issue, as long as I don't cut into "mama" time.
Send me the cam specs when you get time and we'll see what the program says.
If you know it, send me your head gasket make, model and thickness (compressed), how far your pistons are in the hole and we can generate what your exact compression chamber volume is.

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
Well the weather was a little nicer today than yesterday. Sun was shining, chilly, but no snow. So that meant I could try out the flywheel, new clutch, and rebuilt t5. NIGHT AND DAY! No bogging when taking off! No jerky jerky and I don't have to get the rpm's up to take off. Now I have to get some drive time on the ego system to learn and tune itself. Shifts nice and smooth too! Thanks for all the help guys!

Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Well the weather was a little nicer today than yesterday. Sun was shining, chilly, but no snow. So that meant I could try out the flywheel, new clutch, and rebuilt t5. NIGHT AND DAY! No bogging when taking off! No jerky jerky and I don't have to get the rpm's up to take off. Now I have to get some drive time on the ego system to learn and tune itself. Shifts nice and smooth too! Thanks for all the help guys!

I'm glad it's fixed and thanks for giving us the results, it'll help the next guy who comes up with a similar problem

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor