$$$ for non AC box

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnycarson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2012
Hey guys I've been contemplating deleting the AC on my regal 307 and I found an OEM factory GM non Ac box for sale, looks like its in OK condition but it doesn't have the vents ducts or switches which i understand are different... SeLler says he can get me the switches.....Was wondering what the asking price is for these...I know gbody parts.com makes the kit for 350...That's alot but thats also new...

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

sonnycarson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2012
Yeah that one is 350 fully loaded. It looks really nice but I was wondering how much you would pay for an oem one in good condition by comparison..

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Why do you need fully loaded. It uses all the parts from your factory ac setup. You only need loaded if someone put a block off plate and left you nothing. Uses all factory ac equip

sonnycarson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2012
I don't. But the used one I'm looking at is fully loaded so I'm just trying to compare the value equally....

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
so you dont have your factory fan relay or controls in the dash?

sonnycarson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2012
I do..everything is stock everything works..

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
I did this conversion to my GN. In order to do it like factory, you need everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! I got lucky when I got mine as I had a guy pull an entire setup off a low mile grandma driven regal. Anyhow, let me start with the parts list:

AC Box
Ducting behind the dash. There are 2 pieces, upper and lower (yes it's different than AC)
Wiring from behind the dash(I never got this so I had to use the wiring diagram and then cut/splice)
Vent/Control Switch panel
Vent cables and handles that go directly under the steering column and across to the box
cowl screen (again, different than AC)
Dummy vents (for the far left and right sides, only the center of the dash has a vent now)

If I had to do this again, I would. However, I would only do it just before an engine swap. I had the passenger fender off when I did mine so it was MUCH easier. You also have to pull the dash to remove the original ducting, but contrary to what I have been told, it wasn't that much of a pain in the arse. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
V6UnderPressure said:
I did this conversion to my GN. In order to do it like factory, you need everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! I got lucky when I got mine as I had a guy pull an entire setup off a low mile grandma driven regal. Anyhow, let me start with the parts list:

AC Box
Ducting behind the dash. There are 2 pieces, upper and lower (yes it's different than AC)
Wiring from behind the dash(I never got this so I had to use the wiring diagram and then cut/splice)
Vent/Control Switch panel
Vent cables and handles that go directly under the steering column and across to the box
cowl screen (again, different than AC)

If I had to do this again, I would. However, I would only do it just before an engine swap. I had the passenger fender off when I did mine so it was MUCH easier. You also have to pull the dash to remove the original ducting, but contrary to what I have been told, it wasn't that much of a pain in the arse. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

By the way, to your original question, I would expect to pay around $500 for one that contains ALL the parts needed. Those aftermarket ones fit like junk. I would go OEM or nothing.

SafariWagon

Master Mechanic
Jan 15, 2009
They are model specific. Chevy needs chevy box. The main parts interchange but some of the ducting, air vents, and cables pulls are different. I have 2 of them. One in my car and a spare that is a little rough. Check malibu racing. Bought both of mine off of there and didn't pay over $200 for everything plus shipping. Seems like guys in Canada are the ones that have these. :lol: Don't need air up there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor