For the Buick guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
Yep, lacquer paint and the south/southwest sun do not a good pair make.

Screwplugs for the roofrack? Wellnuts are usually available at any body shop hardware supplier.
I had no idea that's what they were called. I've been to Lowe's and Home Depot I don't know how many times and never seen 'em.

Maybe Fastenal does.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I recall seeing those plugs at one of the clips and fastener sites. Of course, I eliminated the rack so I have no longer need for them.

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-1-...MInMbXj8yf3QIVBrXACh03pw8mEAQYBCABEgITNvD_BwE

Just an example, you'll have to check the hole size and theads on the screws...might be metric
Yup, went to Home Depot and Lowe's today, and Home Depot straight up didn't have them at all, while Lowe's had some, but they didn't look like they'd work because the tops were very thick, whereas the originals were nearly flat.

Gonna check Fastenal and a specialty nut store tomorrow. They were both closed today because of Labor Day.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The originals were almost flat because they've been crushed by the rack for 40 years

Reactions: 1 user

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
Check this out in the Auveco catalog. They do list GM wellnut p/n's with the listings. Flip the pages left to see the nutserts
http://www.auveco.com/OnlineCatalog/v2016/index.html#?page=168
Good link. M6x1.0 thread @ .787" head diameter, for a half-inch size hole. Should be pretty easy to find at Fastenal. They closed the location near my house, but I've got one right near where I work... so I guess I'm gettin' nuts for lunch!

• Haha

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You wouldn't HAVE to use metrics, but if you have the OE screws, go for it

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor