ford 9" in g body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2009
central IL
any body know where to get brackets to weld onto a ford 9" to bolt into a g body? I have a 9" laying around and I'm too cheap to buy a axle allready set up from like moser or currie (I mean too broke)?

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
take the brakets off of your g-body rear.

Mar 11, 2009
central IL
I have a mig welder but I never tried to weld cast to steel. the top brackets of the 7.5 axle are cast into the center section. I just thought of something else, I'm running a set of competion engineering anti hop bars I gonna have to omit them with the 9" I didn't know where to get steel brackets to weld tothe top of the 9" I did realize to use the bottom brackets and spring perchs from the 7.5.I should have been more clear in my wording of the question thanks for the help though.

83LSWagon

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2008
When welding cast, you have to preheat it, or it will crack. I have never had luck with it, but if you go to miller.com, I'm sure the guys on the forum can help you out with it.

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
my friend had a turbo T and bought the brackets off of moser engineering to weld onto his 9" to put in his buick.....give them a call and they can help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor