ford rear end

Status
Not open for further replies.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
would a fox body mustang rear end work on a gbody?

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
ok. ive seen a few people around here who have them for dirt cheap and i was just curios. im obviously going to rebuild it before i put it in anyways so it really doesnt matter about appearance. and are these things really a true posi?

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Some are, some aren't. It was an option just like our cars. Also make sure what you're getting is a 8.8 not a 7.5. They used them too, the cover is just slightly different in shape.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
jrm81bu said:
Some are, some aren't. It was an option just like our cars. Also make sure what you're getting is a 8.8 not a 7.5. They used them too, the cover is just slightly different in shape.

ive noticed that. i went to look at a rear end the other day and i took my ford buddy with me. he said i was better off welding my rear end cuz it was a 7.5 too. but luckily the ford dealer he works at just got a 91 5.0 with a blown up rear. so im hes going to see if i can get it from them. hopefully dirt cheap too lol

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
If it's hurt make sure it's Very cheap. They are on craigslist all over the place in the 150-250 range. Summit also has a Ford Racing posi for around 200 if it's toast.

othtim

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2010
its not quite a bolt-on. you'll have to weld on spring perches, and you'll have to change out the g's 7.5 yoke for an 8.8 yoke. Other than that it's straight forward, the driveshafts are almost the same length anyways. Right now I'm working on an 8.8 swap in my car. I've got the "Baseline suspensions" upper control arm and relocation bracket kit, SUPER nice peices. Highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor