Found Another (Revisited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
the amount of sunshine in your locale isn't friendly towards paint finishes... but that wind sure keeps the bottoms of 'em dry if they're off the ground a little bit. leakers get a constant re-supply of fresh undercoating on them until something bad happens leading them right into the storage yard(s)... or back forty. my good buddy's aerocoupe 2+2 frame was leaned up on the north wall of a garage in Headingly, the body sat in that garage's loft for 19 years. a little Tremclad goes a long way... matter o' fact, it had 78K km on it when he picked it up off a lot in Regina. a "cream puff" 2 year old trade-in. many a circle track dude has admired that nascar inspired body for many years... could likely be the most photographed 2+2 around. nice score on your next RR's tailgate "time machine".

Last edited:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
78-80 Cutlass.

I was over to the wrecker today and again went home a way I never go...(I've really got to start varying my routes home)...when I saw this Cutlass in a compound. Interior is green as well as the rally wheels.

UhRsjb.jpg

QRARps.jpg

7FlQYN.jpg

Looks like it's been sitting for awhile...tires are mostly off the rims on this side...paint is burning off. Looks to have pwr windows/locks, AC, tilt and cruise. Don't know anymore about it but I will check in on a weekday and see if I can found out what's up with it. I think this makes 6 or 7 that I know of that are just sitting. Really going to have to see about picking a couple up. At this stage I'm not really looking for any kind of a big project but I hate to see these things sitting and wasting away so we'll see what happens. Personally not my favorite color but can't be alot of green interior parts out there. I'll post back if I find out what's up with it.
The bloodhound is back on the scent!

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
I'm sorry, I must respectfully disagree Rob o_O

yeaaahh... but hey, i wouldn't do it to that car, or any other for that matter... there are some RR fans that go all out for their team though.

Don't get me wrong O.D., GBody fans are the same way.

hum dee dum dum dum, gonna take a different route today... noooh nee noo noo noo SQUIRREL!

in our cases, it's GBODY!

we all do it. i coated a 55 chevy pickup with "caution yellow" boat paint so's i could leave it outside until i had everything to finish it up... it ain't pretty, sure, but i only meant just to "help it last" in the elements until i get my pole barn done.

keep up the good hunting ya old bloodhound,

r.

and Rick, you aren't the only one cleverly disguised as a responsible adult by the way:p

Reactions: 1 user

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Ha ha, I just got your reference....when I first read it, I thought it said "around here" hence my reply lol. Having just re-read it , I think you are probably right....they do have some rabid fans out there.......

As for responsible adult.....I know eh? This forum is full of us lol

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Okay...had a couple of stops to make after work today...after doing that I headed up to where this car is. I talked with a fellow in the office and we went out to look at the car as he wasn't sure which one it was. After getting close to it he said oh that one...yeah I know who owns it. Well I left with a name and number and after getting home called the owner.

Turns out it's a 79...but looks to have 78 header and grilles. **Actually after looking at some pics online I think the grilles are correct for 79**

We talked for a good length of time...he tells me it's got a replacement 350, 4 bolt main motor (he says Camaro...but don't they all) with about 10,000 kilometers on it. Supposed to have an aluminum intake on it and has apparently the H/O 442 dual exhaust. He says there's a bunch of parts in the trunk and inside...didn't have keys to I couldn't look. He told me the trans is shot and won't move under it's own power. Anyway he threw out a number and I countered and he countered and suddenly I made a verbal agreement to buy it. He's taking off next week but leaving the keys with the fellow I talked to and basically said as far as he's concerned it's my car now and I can go have a look in it and make arrangements (and leave the money) with the fellow there as far as getting it out. So looks like as soon as it dries up some more I'll be looking at hauling it home.

Once here I guess I'll see what I've gotten myself into. Stay tuned for more!

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Okay...had a couple of stops to make after work today...after doing that I headed up to where this car is. I talked with a fellow in the office and we went out to look at the car as he wasn't sure which one it was. After getting close to it he said oh that one...yeah I know who owns it. Well I left with a name and number and after getting home called the owner.

Turns out it's a 79...but looks to have 78 header and grilles.

We talked for a good length of time...he tells me it's got a replacement 350, 4 bolt main motor (he says Camaro...but don't they all) with about 10,000 kilometers on it. Supposed to have an aluminum intake on it and has apparently the H/O 442 dual exhaust. He says there's a bunch of parts in the trunk and inside...didn't have keys to I couldn't look. He told me the trans is shot and won't move under it's own power. Anyway he threw out a number and I countered and he countered and suddenly I made a verbal agreement to buy it. He's taking off next week but leaving the keys with the fellow I talked to and basically said as far as he's concerned it's my car now and I can go have a look in it and make arrangements (and leave the money) with the fellow there as far as getting it out. So looks like as soon as it dries up some more I'll be looking at hauling it home.

Once here I guess I'll see what I've gotten myself into. Stay tuned for more!

Will you have the Green Machine ready for the track this coming season?....:)

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Will you have the Green Machine ready for the track this coming season?....:)

Lol...I'm not sure of it's fate at this time Steve....Car is on the South side of the lot so has been pounded by the sun. Owner says it's been sitting for about 4 years but by the look of the tires off the rims I'm thinking it's probably longer.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What's your potential plan for this one, Kevin...possible builder, flip, or parts car? I guess you'll make that assessment once you get it home.
Keep us up to date...I'm curious as to how it turns out.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor