Fresh paint job on 85 Cutlass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
adumb said:
im guessing with the pearl the pictures arent doing the new paint job justice.

pictures do look nice though,

You're right...

I'm really impressed with the job the painter did as far as his paint matching/selection...

I'll have to take some pics from different angles to see if I can catch the pearl flakes...

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
n8dogg said:
looks great, I like white cars but you should have got rid of that antenna! put on on your windshieldon the inside at the top.

Now that you mention it, I just saw a website that had chrome shorty antennas for g-body cars...

They were priced decently too...

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
SeeMy355 said:
...I'm actually going to see if I can replace the chrome door trim and the wheel fender chrome with some fresher pieces...

Wheel wells mouldings sure, but your lower mouldings aren't going back on, since all the mounting studs have all been removed...

Looks very nice though, that's for sure.

And pearl white is a hard color to capture with a camera.

hujass

Apprentice
Jun 24, 2008
N Dakota
Removing those pieces trim makes the car look clean. Nice.

One tiny little thing...I wouldn't have replaced the pinstripe, sorry I'm just being picky.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i think i just spooged myself...WOW! very nice, now lets get the rest of the car looking that good! keep up the GW! *edit* N/A

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
hujass said:
Removing those pieces trim makes the car look clean. Nice.

One tiny little thing...I wouldn't have replaced the pinstripe, sorry I'm just being picky.

It's no problem...none at all...I like pinstripes and with all the other detailing I removed from the car I didn't want to include the pinstripe...

It's just personal preference...

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
beermonkey9417 said:
i think i just spooged myself...WOW! very nice, now lets get the rest of the car looking that good! keep up the GW! *edit* N/A

Thanks for saying so...

I didn't include pictures of the inside because the inside is trashed...lol...

I have a bunch of junk in there from all the work I've done on the car up to this point, old receipts, boxes from new parts, a transmission pan gasket, etc...and I have a makeshift shifter...lol

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
Blake442 said:
SeeMy355 said:
...I'm actually going to see if I can replace the chrome door trim and the wheel fender chrome with some fresher pieces...

Wheel wells mouldings sure, but your lower mouldings aren't going back on, since all the mounting studs have all been removed...

Looks very nice though, that's for sure.

And pearl white is a hard color to capture with a camera.

Thanks for the compliment...

Not the lower molding...

I was talking about the vertical molding that goes on the edge of the door...

You can see it in the before picture...

Larryg

Greasemonkey
Jun 6, 2008
western Mass
I love pearl white hot rods and yours looks nice as well. You're right, that door trim does look nice on the before pic and would look great with your new pin stripe. 8)

Attachments

• 0900c1528008f427.jpg
    0900c1528008f427.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 012-1.jpg
    012-1.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor