From kick panels to door speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
ok guys i have some really nice eclipse 3 way 6.5" components. i was thinking of the q logic kick panels. i could mount the 6.5 and mid range in it and put the tweeters in plexi plates to fit in the stock 3.5" position. i originally bought these for my truck but decided not to put them in. trying to figure out if i can use the q forms with a clutch pedal

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
Re: Anyone run Q-Logic kick panels with a clutch

I had them in an s10 with a stick, not even close to the clutch pedal. Shouldn't be a problem with the clutch pedal. You will either have to bend the parking brake pedal to clear them or not use the parking brake.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

well i was talking with gbondo57 earlier and runs a set (no clutch though) and he sent me this pic.
Photo0174.jpg

and this is a pic of my floor (still being cleaned up) and my pedals
IMAG0123-2.jpg

looks like it will be tight but may work. im stuck with what to do here lol. id love to use these speakers as they are really nice and should add some great sound to the car.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

I don't think the speaker would interfere with the pedal operation but on mine I slide my foot by the pedal on the left side of the pedal when cruising on the highway. I don't think with the speaker there'd be room for that but that might not be a concern for you...I have my 6.5" in the lower door panel and the tweeters in the dash where the stock speakers were

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.

Not sure why those stick out so far mine only caused interference with the parking brake. Looks like the ones for a G body stick out alot farther than mine did in my s10. I was going to get a pair for the regal, now it looks like I will be making my own so they look better than that.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

yeah im really torn with what to do here. id love to run these speakers down here. what door panels are you running to be able to fit a 6.5"? everything i seen is like 5 1/4" still would have to mount the mid and tweeter. the nice thing about the qlogic is i could but the woofer, and mid in it and put the tweeter in the dash. but like you said when i drive the truck i tend to roll my foot off the left side of the clutch while driving.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

I used the after market mustang kick panels they made for speakers and cut them to fit the GP door panels

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

oh ok. im going back and forth in my head on these kick panels lol. these are like $200 components i got over a year ago and just been sitting in the box lol

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

if you can rid of the parking brake pedal that would help. I got rid of mine and put in the F body handbrake. I would go without a parking brake with an automatic but not a standard.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

pontiacgp said:
if you can rid of the parking brake pedal that would help. I got rid of mine and put in the F body handbrake. I would go without a parking brake with an automatic but not a standard.

yeah its kind of an important feature to have with a manual trans

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor