Front and Rear springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Damn i didn't even know you replyed, thanks! I honestly don't know what the spring setup on the car is, i know the suspension was totally rebuilt at one point, do any of the factory/ moog springs have some kind of identification number?? I've got everything torn down now and most of old suspension sitting in the corner.

Honestly, I've been really debating buying the suspension kit from hotckis suspension. They give a full listing of the spring specifications, rate, length..ext. If we could match a set of moog springs to those i bet i could knock off about 300$ off the budget.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
well i think moog says there is a part # somewhere on the spring and i kinda just thought to myself well that long ****ing gone after a single drive in the snow XD but yeah theres supposed to be one... like i said i think im gonna go with the Moog CC651 with the variable rate but go ahead and take some emry cloth or w/e if your springs are rusty and sand em down a bit and see if you cant find a part number somewhere on there... i still havent bought springs for my car because iv been just debating what to buy next not to mention the lifts at work have been really busy and will be for at least the next couple of weeks until it starts snowing... so like i said rub em down a bit look for a part#

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Yeah I've got my car in a garage but it's not heated, and i have no electricity right now. But it's safe and out of the weather, plus the weight's off the suspension, because the suspensions in a pile in the corner of the garage. The springs actually were not rusty at all, in fact none of the parts are. It's all in relatively good condition, even the shocks. I'll go grab one of the rears tomorrow and see if i can locate a part number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor