Front end removal necessary for frame off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
autonaut

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
I badically only need to unbolt 4 body mount bushings to separate body and frame at this stage.

I think i'll play it safe and renove the entire front end as well like most advice me to..

Thx again

E

el corvino

Greasemonkey
Aug 23, 2015
Just one of those... if you are going to do that much work... may as well go all the way and not regret it 6 months from now

Attachments

• Agree
Reactions: pontiacgp
lilbowtie

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I badically only need to unbolt 4 body mount bushings to separate body and frame at this stage.

I think i'll play it safe and renove the entire front end as well like most advice me to..

Thx again
I know a guy who left the front clip on but I wouldn't suggest it. It is way to easy to remove the complete front clip(one piece), it only has about a dozen bolts holding it on and you don't chance kinking sheet metal

bu.jpg

lou's pic's 006.jpg

autonaut

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
Well.. I tried lifting it slowly to see what would happen and i must say removing the front clip is totally unecessary..

lilbowtie

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Happy it worked, I would support the radiator core support even though the radiator is out.

Reactions: autonaut
Streetbu

Streetbu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Lilbowtie where did you get my pic? Yep that's my car. Currently actually. I hurt my back so it's still in the same exact place LOL no reason to pull the front clip if you dont have to!

Opie Knievel

Opie Knievel

Whiskey Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I stand corrected. I learn things on here all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor