REGAL Fuel issue 86 regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

9millameter08

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 21, 2018
Got her running. But now idk about the trans. Do anybody know what trans came with the stock 305 86 regal Or what trans will go with that motor.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Stock 305's didn't come in Regals in '86.

You'll want a 200-4R out of a Monte Carlo or GP

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Got her running. But now idk about the trans. Do anybody know what trans came with the stock 305 86 regal Or what trans will go with that motor.

you missed a few steps, what was stopping the fuel flow? or was it something else that prevented the engine from running

9millameter08

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 21, 2018
you missed a few steps, what was stopping the fuel flow? or was it something else that prevented the engine from running
I changed the fuel pump and hooked up some vacuum line and i started getting fuel

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I changed the fuel pump and hooked up some vacuum line and i started getting fuel

You posted that you had changed the fuel pump and were not getting fuel. The fuel pump is mechanical and vacuum lines with not affect it so I am confused why it is getting fuel now. Could it be you didn't crank the engine long enough after the fuel pump change to draw the gas from the tank?

9millameter08

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 21, 2018
You posted that you had changed the fuel pump and were not getting fuel. The fuel pump is mechanical and vacuum lines with not affect it so I am confused why it is getting fuel now. Could it be you didn't crank the engine long enough after the fuel pump change to draw the gas from the tank?
Probably right on that.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor