Fuel Lines: To rubber or not to rubber

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
IMO get factory style stainless hard lines and connect with rubber over rear axle, at carburetor feed line and at pump. I am not a fan of AN lines only becuase they are a pain and realistically are rubber anyway. That being said if you spend the money...nylon AN lines and newer teflon lined stuff thats meant to handle crap in our gas or even alcohol/methanol are great choice as well!

Reactions: 1 users

KndyBludRedMC

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 22, 2018
Great responses here guys! I'm very grateful to you all!

The more I think about this, the more I wonder if it's even necessary to change out the fuel lines.
There is surface rust throughout the undercarriage but nothing horribly cancerous. I don't currently have any leaks in the lines/fittings.
My gas tank was the original problem as it has several pinhole leaks. Everything else is fine.

Is this a necessary thing to do just because the car is 40 years old?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Short answer: yes. Light surface rust is normal. Crusty rust goes deep. It's your call. It may never leak. But if you grabbed a section and tried to bend it and it just broke then you know what to do.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor