Funny Car Related meme's

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I can throw a Carb on an LS and get it to run, you should really evaluate what's out there instead of looking dumb.
But you still need a DIS controller. Even then it would be some POS aftermarket carb instead of a nice factory application Qjet. Aren't most tuners helpless around anything pre OBD2?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
They did have a much longer production run than the LS series did. Nothing becomes outdated faster than electronics. At least old gen motors can be made to run without them in a SHTF event, LS not so much as they are totally computer whipped.
Whipped kind of like their owners you mean?

It's funny, some ignorant people think throwing a carb on an ls motor eliminates all the inherent sensors and coilpacks and any need for electronics what-so-ever.

Vs

An SBC you can convert over to points if need be and keep cleaning and regapping plugs, truly almost forever.

When holley had their closeout sale about 2 years back now I was buying accel spark plugs for 9 cents each and plug wire sets for between 1.50 to 2.50 a set. I've got piles upon piles, and don't get me started on air filers, pcv, etc etc. My great grand kids will have spare parts.

Reactions: 1 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Yea but the one that actually makes power tho..:)
Don't SBF blocks split down the middle of you get anywhere near 600hp in one without a girdle? Or even with a girdle for that matter.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas

Attachments

• SBC LS heads.jpg
    SBC LS heads.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 45

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Don't SBF blocks split down the middle of you get anywhere near 600hp in one without a girdle? Or even with a girdle for that matter.
500hp is the magic number for that. Seen it a few times.

But you still need a DIS controller. Even then it would be some POS aftermarket carb instead of a nice factory application Qjet. Aren't most tuners helpless around anything pre OBD2?
Any Carb can be mounted, not just the quadrajunk. Some of us do both.🙄
Whipped kind of like their owners you mean?

It's funny, some ignorant people think throwing a carb on an ls motor eliminates all the inherent sensors and coilpacks and any need for electronics what-so-ever.
I absolutely love when someone mentions the word ignorance, and they have no clue of what exists in the world.

I posted two examples of front mounted Dizzy kits on an LS engine. I've installed these before, purely mechanical. The sensor holes get plugged with freeze plugs.

I'll post again for the visually impaired. These are NOT ford crap, they are LS Engines, and it's funny as hell.

I'm here to help you all be better people. :)

LS ENGINE FOX.jpg
LS ENGINE3.jpg

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I beleive the point was that you can find a points distributor & basic mechanical choke carb to swap out the HEI & CCC stuff if still on the engine in one of those SHTF situations. Like those old multi-fuel M35 Duece & a half, able to run no matter what you feed it as long as you set it up for what you're feeding it. Not fanning this fire but even a Flathead would be better in a SHTF situation plus may even like crappy gas.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Looks like a ford V8 with LS heads because of that front driven distributor, but its obviously not a ford engine because of that LS waterpump, none of their engines has been done like that.

Till now... Ford 300 inline 6 with an LS head modified to fit.

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Looks like a ford V8 with LS heads because of that front driven distributor, but its obviously not a ford engine because of that LS waterpump, none of their engines has been done like that.
This is the kit here, there are a few out there.

I took this pic a while back at a shop, Ford 302 with some spray. It popped.

BROKEN BLOCK.JPG

I beleive the point was that you can find a points distributor & basic mechanical choke carb to swap out the HEI & CCC stuff if still on the engine in one of those SHTF situations. Like those old multi-fuel M35 Duece & a half, able to run no matter what you feed it as long as you set it up for what you're feeding it. Not fanning this fire but even a Flathead would be better in a SHTF situation plus may even like crappy gas.
Yea, just depends on what you're setup for. The newer 5 Tons we had in Iraq could run JP4, JP5, JP6, JP8, Kerosene, Diesel, goat and camel piss. Multi purpose haha.

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
This is the kit here, there are a few out there.

I took this pic a while back at a shop, Ford 302 with some spray. It popped.

View attachment 206171

Yea, just depends on what you're setup for. The newer 5 Tons we had in Iraq could run JP4, JP5, JP6, JP8, Kerosene, Diesel, goat and camel piss. Multi purpose haha.

I had a bucket of jet engine oil, forget what they called it, and I didn't feel like taking it all the way to hazmat, so I dumped it into our 6.5L diesel bread van's gas tank instead.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor