Funny Car Related meme's

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I had a bucket of jet engine oil, forget what they called it, and I didn't feel like taking it all the way to hazmat, so I dumped it into our 6.5L diesel bread van's gas tank instead.
How Dare You Greta GIF

Reactions: 1 user

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
What is the point, what purporse does this actually serve when the sensors/coil paks are so much more efficient.

Attachments

• LS dizzy setup.jpg
    LS dizzy setup.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 46

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
What is the point, what purporse does this actually serve when the sensors/coil paks are so much more efficient.
Depending on the race class, electronics like that are not allowed so Dizzy and plug wires.

LS Engine Heads are a far better design than the SBC, why some people prefer them. Make a bunch of power and run cooler. That's just the basics without getting into it.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I can throw a Carb on an LS and get it to run, you should really evaluate what's out there instead of looking dumb.
Imagine using a modern smart phone, on the modern internet, the arguable "pinnacle" of technology, that computers shouldn't control your motor because they are less gooder than a literal oriface controlled leak of fuel into a butterfly controlled vacuum leak. Then being wound up by the people making this face at you.
Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

I love this place. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Imagine using a modern smart phone, on the modern internet, the arguable "pinnacle" of technology, that computers shouldn't control your motor because they are less gooder than a literal oriface controlled leak of fuel into a butterfly controlled vacuum leak. Then being wound up by the people making this face at you.
Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

I love this place. 🤣🤣🤣
All day..🤣

Yea when I read that post I'm over here like um for atleast a decade now people have been putting Carbs on LS Engines so how are they all computer only..

Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Imagine using a modern smart phone, on the modern internet, the arguable "pinnacle" of technology, that computers shouldn't control your motor because they are less gooder than a literal oriface controlled leak of fuel into a butterfly controlled vacuum leak.
Let me throw this one at you...

Out of all these people who scream caveman carburetor, how many of them have daily driver vehicles that are modern electronic fuel injection where they get in, turn the key, and drive everywhere because they start up when they need them too and they get good gas mileage..

Eric Cartman Laughing GIF by South Park

• Haha

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Let me throw this one at you...

Out of all these people who scream caveman carburetor, how many of them have daily driver vehicles that are modern electronic fuel injection where they get in, turn the key, and drive everywhere because they start up when they need them too and they get good gas mileage..

Eric Cartman Laughing GIF by South Park
Dunno. Can speak for myself. My 'daily' driver to the extent you want to designate one is the 1977 c10 with the 250ci and monojet..... it's the epitome of simplicity and takes the brunt of the miles I put down. I'd say 70% of my driving is in that truck. Then again, I'm never in much rush, I don't mind letting the engine warm up and letting that rough shaky idle go smooth to prevent the stalling.

But I admittedly prefer the old tech, including as another example, the rag joints. I've never removed one for anything less than another rag joint.

The wife, she DOES bounce around between the toys. Some carbed, but, mostly the mustangs lately, she just likes them although she does dip into the carb pool. So she's kinda guilty of what you describe.

We did buy the 496 yukon which is computer controlled to the 9s, but, it was more of a case of getting the tow ratings and gvwr without paying the absurd rates a 4wd trailering special squarebody pulled in these days when you find one not jacked up for mudding or beat to beyond death. And, for what it's worth.... not daily driven except to keep things moving, usually taking a bulky load away from the c10.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
This is the kit here, there are a few out there.
Not talking kits, finding what you need from local sources like freinds & family that have that stuff in the back of the garage or one of those old yards (getting few & far now) that have old iron with parts handy. Old school hot rodding. There are those who could careless to have them cause they did go electronic & might even give that stuff away so they don't have to toss it in the trash. I even think I got a points distibutor somewhere in the garage.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Not talking kits, finding what you need from local sources like freinds & family that have that stuff in the back of the garage or one of those old yards (getting few & far now) that have old iron with parts handy. Old school hot rodding. There are those who could careless to have them cause they did go electronic & might even give that stuff away so they don't have to toss it in the trash. I even think I got a points distibutor somewhere in the garage.
I know exactly what you mean, why I said just depends on what you're setup for and how prepped you are to play Mad Max when needed.

mad max GIF

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I know exactly what you mean, why I said just depends on what you're setup for and how prepped you are to play Mad Max when needed.

mad max GIF
It's called dump the mechanical means of trasnportation & either going Amish or light fighter mode with only running with what you need using the terrain to ones advatage. 22 years in the infantry with many quality field problems/exercises teaches alot on how to find solutions.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor