• IMG_1668.jpeg
    IMG_1668.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1667.jpeg
    IMG_1667.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
  • Wow
Reactions: 85442/86buick
There's a guy on YT by the name Louis Rossmann. He owns an electronics repair company. He did a video on fuses on YT. He bought a bunch of different brands off amazon and tested them for amperage compared to their listing. The results were all over the map. Some way higher than where they should have blown. It was an eye opener.

I only wish he did a control test on some local auto shop Bussmann fuses to compare.

Not saying that's it, but it may explain why the terminal melted and the fuse didn't pop. That's scary.

Hutch

There's a guy on YT by the name Louis Rossmann. He owns an electronics repair company. He did a video on fuses on YT. He bought a bunch of different brands off amazon and tested them for amperage compared to their listing. The results were all over the map. Some way higher than where they should have blown. It was an eye opener.

I only wish he did a control test on some local auto shop Bussmann fuses to compare.

Not saying that's it, but it may explain why the terminal melted and the fuse didn't pop. That's scary.

Hutch
Thanks. First thing that came to mind was the validity of the fuse. I bought Bussman.
We will see

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor