Fusible link

I didn't unpin them. I cut them off near the firewall bulkhead connector and connected my new 10ga wires to the short lengths of the 12ga.
Right on. I was going to clean up some wires that are no longer being used. I just assumed you unpinned those 12g wires. I’m going to get this mini anl fuse holder instead of the fusible links. Just put some 30 amp fuses in it. Thanks for your input
IMG_1337.png

Hey I had a question for you. How did you unpin the wire at the bulkhead? My connections look like this. Is that normal? If not how do I fix it? I guess that’s more than one question lolView attachment 244290View attachment 244291
My advice is to let the pro, and excellent teacher oldsofb show you by way of his YT video series project!

You may want to watch all of his Engine Wiring Harness Rebuild vids (Parts 1 - 7) as they each cover a multitude of harness/wiring topics from beginning to end, nothing does a better job that I've seen on the internet.

If you just want to jump to the part about depinning C100 terminals, you could use this link: youtu.be/3J6OKH5OJTA?t=615

Again all credit goes to oldsofb for taking the time to make those videos, and share them with the community. Be sure to check out his recently posted C100 documentation in the Resources area of this site.

HTH.

Reactions: 1 users
Right on. I was going to clean up some wires that are no longer being used. I just assumed you unpinned those 12g wires. I’m going to get this mini anl fuse holder instead of the fusible links. Just put some 30 amp fuses in it. Thanks for your input

I'd use 40A fuses for the 2 wires into the bulkhead connector. Feed that fuse holder off the battery, not down to the starter. And mount that holder as close to the battery as you practically can.

Reactions: 1 user
My advice is to let the pro, and excellent teacher oldsofb show you by way of his YT video series project!

You may want to watch all of his Engine Wiring Harness Rebuild vids (Parts 1 - 7) as they each cover a multitude of harness/wiring topics from beginning to end, nothing does a better job that I've seen on the internet.

If you just want to jump to the part about depinning C100 terminals, you could use this link: youtu.be/3J6OKH5OJTA?t=615

Again all credit goes to oldsofb for taking the time to make those videos, and share them with the community. Be sure to check out his recently posted C100 documentation in the Resources area of this site.

HTH.
Hey thanks. I used his video to rebuild my AC/heater box. He is a good teacher. What about the condition of my bulkhead distribution block? Is that normal?
IMG_1329.jpeg
IMG_1331.jpeg

Hey thanks. I used his video to rebuild my AC/heater box. He is a good teacher. What about the condition of my bulkhead distribution block? Is that normal?View attachment 244293View attachment 244294
You could (not required) clean all of that tar like grease build up off of the actual metal terminals, then replace and pack the back side of the connector cavities with fresh, clean di-electric grease. You don't want the di-electric grease all over the actual terminal connections, only in the backside areas where the wires exit to help seal out water/moisture intrusion. I think he covers that in the video as well.

That original "tar like grease" was designed to actually harden up and provide support for the protruding terminals (male) on the harness side of the bulkhead. That would be the side you're holding in your hand, with the retaining screw that bolts into the firewall half.

If you leave the original tar/grease in there you should be just fine. However if you decide to clean it all out, I believe you're supposed to install items F & G aka Stabilizers into the connectors to help support those terminals that the hardened tar/grease was supporting, and then add the new non hardening di-electric grease as noted above.

Problem is it doesn't look like you can even get them anymore, so I would leave well enough alone and just try to clean some of that old tar/grease excess off, and from the terminals and call it a day and re-assemble it.

1724038031379.png

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor