G Body Front Brake Upgrade (13.4" Rotors) C6 Z51 (For Sale!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Re: G Body Front Brake Upgrade (13.4" Rotors)

Looking good!! i'm doing that same upgrade"almost", i have the C6 calipers with the 13in rotor. I was thinking of picking up the Z51 abutement brackets and rotors though but that extra 1in cost's $$ :lol: The C6 ZO6 package is the hot item though the prices for the parts are CRAZY!! I pieced together pretty much the same setup front and rear for about under 500 i think...and i am using Vette calipers front and rear. Gotta love being CHEAP!! :mrgreen: Again good job keep us posted on the progress!

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011

85GPLef41 said:
Looking good!! i'm doing that same upgrade"almost", i have the C6 calipers with the 13in rotor. I was thinking of picking up the Z51 abutement brackets and rotors though but that extra 1in cost's $$ :lol: The C6 ZO6 package is the hot item though the prices for the parts are CRAZY!! I pieced together pretty much the same setup front and rear for about under 500 i think...and i am using Vette calipers front and rear. Gotta love being CHEAP!! :mrgreen: Again good job keep us posted on the progress!
yeh i could have found the calipers used and for cheap, but wasn't having luck, then came across these new ones... didn't mind the extra money for not having to clean and paint them...

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado

i got my front calipers from a low mileage vette they were just dirty for a screaming price!, I picked them up after getting my ZQ8 spindles, but after doin some research i knew i wanted the Vette brakes. after cleaning them up it was worth it.. I'm good with what my setup would do.."hopefully" Are you gonna upgrade the MC? I am planning on using one from a Bbody from what the reasearch has lead me to...

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011

85GPLef41 said:
i got my front calipers from a low mileage vette they were just dirty for a screaming price!, I picked them up after getting my ZQ8 spindles, but after doin some research i knew i wanted the Vette brakes. after cleaning them up it was worth it.. I'm good with what my setup would do.."hopefully" Are you gonna upgrade the MC? I am planning on using one from a Bbody from what the reasearch has lead me to...
in my el co thread it has a pic of the new Strange Engineering M/C going in (but I think you dont have to change it out), all the stuff in the El Co up front is being switched out/upgraded

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Re: G Body Front Brake Upgrade (13.4" Rotors) C6 Z51

this is really all the clearance if any these spindles needed
IMG959258.jpg

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Re: G Body Front Brake Upgrade (13.4" Rotors) C6 Z51

FOR SALE!

front and rear set up... will be making a thread in for sale section soon... gonna continue the project until/if it sells!

pulled this today, after I got off work, so I have the rear stuff as well, and for slightly less, I will sell it with the ls1 front calipers! no rotors (I have a good set of pads for the rear and a good set of pads for the ls1 front, that came off the donor car)
IMG_20120110_133132.jpg

IMG_20120110_133148.jpg

IMG_20120110_133154.jpg

but the c5 z06 front calipers are brand new, along with the c6 z51 abutment brackets

the other stuff will get the full El Co Warren clean up and restoration process and I will be painting the calipers red and the PABs black... unless they r wanted in primer...

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Re: G Body Front Brake Upgrade (13.4" Rotors) C6 Z51 (For Sa

you still have several options with the stuff I have... so feel free to ask questions when I put the for sale ad up! this will continue to be a how to style thread until I sell some or all of this stuff... not intending to sell my hub/spindle assembly, but for the right price :mrgreen: , ill pull another...

so this setup works as described on page one... with the blazer/hub assembly and will bolt on to our gbodys, with a 17-up wheel, do your research...

7.5ltr_442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2009

really good thread. I've heard of people using B-body spindles for the bigger front brakes that caused the wheels to poke out compared to the stock. How does the wheel sit in relation to the fender? Does the spindle center the wheel in the same place as the stock spindle?

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011

7.5ltr_442 said:
really good thread. I've heard of people using B-body spindles for the bigger front brakes that caused the wheels to poke out compared to the stock. How does the wheel sit in relation to the fender? Does the spindle center the wheel in the same place as the stock spindle?
stuff as far as fitment is the same as our stock gbody, and how far your wheels stick out wheel depend on your offset... but as far as fitment, the blazer/s10 stuff is pretty much the same as our setup...

although I sold this stuff to Big Bro Warren, we will continue the upgrade thread as he/we go along...

7.5ltr_442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2009

Warren's got the silver MC and Blue Elco right? Been seen that monte, all quality. Given I've got the right person which car is he putting them on. I just got my box from Ed Miller today so once i get these calipers i can knock this out and move on to the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor