G-body Perfromance Chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Hopefully this will be in a price range that is more affordable for someone that either needs a frame because of damage or rust or just wants an upgrade from the factory frame without being as pricey as something like a Schwartz Chassis.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY
I would be interested in one of these frames for a Monte Carlo, 87-88 with a narrowed rear and stiffer frame for some serious HP. But I don't want to drop a pirates chest of cash for it either.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I would also be interested to have some idea of pricing. As I understand it, the basic Schwartz chassis starts at around $10,000.00USD. Will your chassis be comparable in that regard?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I would be interested in one of these frames for a Monte Carlo, 87-88 with a narrowed rear and stiffer frame for some serious HP. But I don't want to drop a pirates chest of cash for it either.

The image shows factory width at the rear wheels. If I was designing a new frame I would definitely include that design feature. Getting good rubber out back has always been an issue with these cars.

• Agree

Brian @ Canadian Hot rods

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2016
I would also be interested to have some idea of pricing. As I understand it, the basic Schwartz chassis starts at around $10,000.00USD. Will your chassis be comparable in that regard?
Just to be clear, I am the designer. I am not part of marketing or sales. I do know, all our past chassis have corvette indenpented rear suspension, the g-body chassis is getting a 4-bar to keep price down (and for guys who what to make big power).

Once again, I am asking for your help to see as many cars (models) as I can, Pictures of undercarriages, measurements, gm factory drawings.
Thanks

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
IRS's are beginning to fill the junkyards. Even higher HP Miata's are swapping in Camaro (getrag) rear center sections because they are so cheap/plentiful.

Real world handling is a big part of choosing a stiffer frame over a stock frame. IRS handles much better in the real world than a live axle. On a glass smooth track, the advantage of IRS is much less, but for a track car, anybody can slap a cage in the car and make is stiffer than any aftermarket frame could ever dream of being.

The ability to use junkyard/salvage donor car available parts greatly increases the appeal of any frame. Offering a new frame with a 4 link 9" ford is low on the "Must have" scale, when that is already a pretty plentiful option for the stock frame..

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Brian @ Canadian Hot rods

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2016
IRS's are beginning to fill the junkyards. Even higher HP Miata's are swapping in Camaro (getrag) rear center sections because they are so cheap/plentiful.

Real world handling is a big part of choosing a stiffer frame over a stock frame. IRS handles much better in the real world than a live axle. On a glass smooth track, the advantage of IRS is much less, but for a track car, anybody can slap a cage in the car and make is stiffer than any aftermarket frame could ever dream of being.

The ability to use junkyard/salvage donor car available parts greatly increases the appeal of any frame. Offering a new frame with a 4 link 9" ford is low on the "Must have" scale, when that is already a pretty plentiful option for the stock frame..
We will be offering both options. The 4-bar for less money, and IRS for better driving/handling.
Thank you for the input.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The problem with a short 4 link on the G body is that the rear wheels point in the wrong direction when you're taking the car through a corner.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor