G Body shaker hood . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a shaker hood on a g body Monte SS or had any pics. I can only find one online of a white SS with the hood up so you cant really see it. Ive always had a boner for the smokey and the bandit/challenger style shaker hood and its something id like to do to my car instead of the same old cowl hood. Nothing wrong with cowl hoods but im trying to think of something that hasnt been done in awhile or atleast that ive seen. I know its not original but its different and thats what im going for. Thanks.

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin
Here's a pic I saved, because I thought it was pretty cool. I don't know whose car it is, but they did a good job it looks like. I hope it helps you. I think there are more pics of it on the custom pics thread on this site

Attachments

• 100_1193jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
    100_1193jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 5,994

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Thanks that looks sweet! I think I would go with turned around challenger style with "406 SS" or "455 SS" on the scoop depending on which engine I go with by then. Thanks again for the pic and hopefully somemore pics show up!

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
That's 85_SS he's on the forum here. Definately a nice car.

SScamino

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2009
fishersville, Virginia
I wouldn't have a monte without the shake since seeing that car.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Il probly just make my own when I get the time off college. I really like the forward facing challenger style scoop but i wanna make a custom one to my liking. After seeing them pics Im definatley goin with the shaker hood.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
tc1959 said:
I don't know? That looks like a Pontiac shaker scoop on a Monte Carlo.
It just doesn't seem right, Chevys should have cowl hoods that actually work,
Pontiac should have a proper shaker hood.
Just my two Cents worth. :?

I know where you're coming from with keeping true to historical origins but I actually think it looks pretty good on the Monte. I think the shaker only looks right on cars with plastic front ends too. I can't really picture it on a car with chrome bumpers. I think it would be nice with an '81 Lemans front end too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor