G-BODYS OF HOUSTON MEET #6 12/10/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
A few pics from today. It was cold ( by Houston standards..Lol ) so only 10-12 cars showd up.

IMG_6434.JPG

IMG_6412.JPG
IMG_6417.JPG
IMG_6421.JPG
IMG_6425.JPG
IMG_6424.JPG
IMG_6408.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Digging the checkers wheels on the monte carlo. Remind me of the Mexican 4 speed version.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Those are 1985 GN wheels. They are basically T-type wheels with areas between the spokes painted black.

I bet you're right. I forgot about those! At the time the only GN wheels I was thinking about were these:

Grand National Wheels (2).jpg

I had forgot about the Vector look-a-likes. They are nearly identical.

Vector on the Left, Buick wheel on the Right.

Vector Left, T-Type Right.jpg

1985 GN's are pretty rare, so not many people have seen one and the wheels are unique to that model. There were more than 10X more of the 1986/1987 GN's built than the 1985's. Many people don't know that isn't brake dust in between the spokes, its black paint.

I have a set of the 1985 GN wheels in my garage so I can easily spot them.

1985 GN's are pretty rare, so not many people have seen one and the wheels are unique to that model. There were more than 10X more of the 1986/1987 GN's built than the 1985's. Many people don't know that isn't brake dust in between the spokes, its black paint.

I have a set of the 1985 GN wheels in my garage so I can easily spot them.

I had seen them before but I had totally forgotten about them.

Those are early GN wheels on a "blacked out" Regal limited.

Thanks for posting the pics. Some pretty cool cars there.
The alloy '85 GN wheels do look very much like the American vectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor