Gas tank for LS swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Speaking of repackaged products from Chyna....

Did you see the lowdoller chyna made vs. Motion 'made in 'merica'' pressure sensor that are the same sensors squabble that happened this week?
Oh ya. Lowdoller for the win.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Probably for more money than a Holley brushless in tank that will support more power. It's a massive rip off, just like their dual 340 hanger.

They said in this video, "can support up to 1600hp". More like 900 boosted with E85 under ideal conditions. The Holley brushless actually WILL support everything they claim it will and has a controller to run external PMW control and can work on a factory style sending unit.

Can be run by any ECU that has PWM output - no need for an extra external controller. Basically a single wire from a SSR. Still too much for my pocketbook.

Link? Love to save some bux on sensors

Use the part numbers that start with an 8 - they have a much higher vibration resistance built internal to the sensor. I have both types on my car and they work. If you somehow manage to get a dud he will send another no questions asked. For the price of the LowDollar, I bought a spare 'just in case' for my fuel pressure sensor. I also bought a Rife to compare - the only difference was about $50 more for the Rife. I won't buy another Rife.

Reactions: 1 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
The choice was made to get the dual 450 from Racetronix.

It's a 900LPH, big 10 gauge wires, -10 feed line, sending unit, Hobbs switch, It was pretty expensive but it is not fair to compare these pump to pump. I imagine alot of the price comes from the engineering to make the bracket that allows 2 pumps in through the stock tank hole. This is a ready to go module. Also came with alot of aluminum fittings, wiring and connectors. All quality stuff. I was originally going to install a return hose to extend it to the opposite side of the tank but after it took me an hour to practice installing it. It stayed installed.

Attachments

• 20221114_165411.jpg
    20221114_165411.jpg
    770.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 20221114_170632.jpg
    20221114_170632.jpg
    800.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 20221114_213536.jpg
    20221114_213536.jpg
    997 KB · Views: 75
  • 20221114_213547.jpg
    20221114_213547.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: 1 user

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Boost Lee got a new Spectra fuel tank and a Racetronix dual fuel pump.
Hows the quality? I have there stock style upgraded version and was considering this when I go turbo

Not a cheap solution but after eating the cost you will not regret what you get from Racetronix. It sounds like you know if you already have a pump from them.

I have not drove the car yet but if you are asking about the quality of the Racetronix dual pump. It is absolutely off the charts.
The bracket to hold all these pieces are anodized billet aluminum with dowels and stainless steel fasteners. I am super impressed with what was in the box.

There is no way to compare this to a couple single pumps that you plumb into a Y connection in a fuel cell. This is an engineered product for GN guys who want to use a stock tank.

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
No issues at all with my Holley drop in pump assembly.... haven't heard of a single problem with them actually.
^ I've had this one in my car for 3 years. It's about as easy as it gets to install, other than running power to it, it's almost like swapping an OE Part. This might not be able to keep up with something north of 800hp. If it'll be 750hp at the crank or below this pump would be fine.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
The choice was made to get the dual 450 from Racetronix.

It's a 900LPH, big 10 gauge wires, -10 feed line, sending unit, Hobbs switch, It was pretty expensive but it is not fair to compare these pump to pump. I imagine alot of the price comes from the engineering to make the bracket that allows 2 pumps in through the stock tank hole. This is a ready to go module. Also came with alot of aluminum fittings, wiring and connectors. All quality stuff. I was originally going to install a return hose to extend it to the opposite side of the tank but after it took me an hour to practice installing it. It stayed installed.

Looks like a nice piece.

Let us know when you install it, I don't understand how it won't require the tank to get moved down a significant amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor