GBody Rear Disk Brake upgrade... detailed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
warmonga said:
well I dont want to see you without a foot now you surely won't be able to make videos hopping around.. :)
anyway thanks for the video, its everything needed for a person to do there own swap.....

warmonga
lol... thanks, Im hopin around, but its because of my back! thanks bro

drb930

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2007
Los Angeles
Subscribed!

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Lots of good info in these videos.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings LSCustoms & all; Thank you for the conversion posts. I had exhausted more than one path to convert to rear discs back in 2003. Ended up paying a 20% restocking fee for a kit that didn't work out and gave up! And as I get more familiar with the forum I came across your post. You computer guys wonder how can anyone be so uniformed, if you had my job & hobbies you could of been in the same place. Anyway finding the info may be too late for me as my hot rod days are winding down. You may of seen my for sale post (79 Malibu 9C1). But you gave me enthusiasm and I thank you very much. I wanted to find your name to address you more personally, but was unsuccessful. Bob Jr.

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Nice Stuff Dude, wish I had the patients to learn film editing. Your stuff will help a lot of people that normally wouldn't attempt this level of upgrade on their own.

I understand what a few of the guys are saying relative to the caliper hitting the frame and now I know why. The entire time I watched your four videos it never dawned on me you kept saying rear mounted caliper. How is that possible? Camaro has forward mounted calipers and thus the eBrake setup is designed to work that way. Swapping from one side to the other merely makes the eBrake triggers face the rear, the wrong way. Do you have these mounted upside down? What's the secret,

I give, I have the same issue and am looking for a way to resolve it. ...

Scott, ... ssbrewskyaz

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
ssbrewskyaz said:
Nice Stuff Dude, wish I had the patients to learn film editing. Your stuff will help a lot of people that normally wouldn't attempt this level of upgrade on their own.

I understand what a few of the guys are saying relative to the caliper hitting the frame and now I know why. The entire time I watched your four videos it never dawned on me you kept saying rear mounted caliper. How is that possible? Camaro has forward mounted calipers and thus the eBrake setup is designed to work that way. Swapping from one side to the other merely makes the eBrake triggers face the rear, the wrong way. Do you have these mounted upside down? What's the secret,

I give, I have the same issue and am looking for a way to resolve it. ...

Scott, ... ssbrewskyaz
unless you want to notch your frame for that, when you flip the brackets, the ebrake lever will face the other way... you would then make a simple bracket and mount your ebrake cable in from the front...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor