Get anything done on your car this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
I installed the new billet msd distributor, new aluminum intake, and new carburetor on GNX-SS this weekend. Just need to wash her now and go for a test drive in order to get the timing spot on. Ill have pics up tomorrow afternoon early.

zjchevy1

Apprentice
Apr 21, 2009
Wisconsin
Didn't have nothing to fix on my 442, but after working on a friends GTO saturday afternoon and evening, I finally pulled her out of the garage about 10:30pm. My girlfriend was out with her friend for the night, so when I got home I showered up, had a bite, jumped in the car and headed for East Washington Ave. in Madison. Not a lot going on, but there were a few cars out. When the GF got home, she called and I went to her place for a "sleep over". Sunday we took the 442 everywhere - first to a breast cancer benefit for a friend, then to my grandma's house (she makes the best strawberry shortcake), then back to her place. About 10p last night we had a craving for Sonic, so we again jumped in the 442 and headed out. There was an incident with some Honda trash, but I'll post that in another section :wink:

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
Drained the transmission fluid, went bolt shopping (some missing 8mm for the pan and 8mm nut for the seats). Checked the lockup solenoid (had a hard time hearing anything, but I measured 0.5 Amps) and tried to figure how to use the B&M Quicksilver shifter w/ my factory console from a 79 GrandAm. I may just be making a homeade console.

I don't get much done since we have 2 foster kids these days.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Blake442 said:
I also finally installed the rear seat X-braces I bought.

Where'd you get the braces? Do they have other braces for the frame/body?

G-BodyMaster

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 17, 2009
Franklin
i sold my malibu this weekend and i put new air shocks on my Cutlass

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
man....goodbye brakes!

413Cutlass

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2009
Western, Ma
Well over the past week I've done all this:
changed intake manifold gaskets
got a better radiator from my buddies Malibu
deleted the a/c and heat
gutted the cat (it was clogged and had no cash for a new one, so gutty time!)
replaced the cat flange bolts
oil change
changed over to a carb from an 85 Monte 305, and it's still being a pita!
ugh plus I gashed my finger open and got 7 stitches, gettin a free 1968 302 ford engine.
Totall mut in terms of parts.
Block was from a 1968 Torino
heads where from a 72 truck
valve covers from a 72 Fairlane
exhaust manifolds from a 60 sotin Falcon
intake manifold was from a 67 Mustang

And needless to say I'm still tryin to figure out how to get the damn car to run fine. It either just revs up like mad at idle, or runs like poo till it stalls.

G-BodyMaster

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 17, 2009
Franklin
413Cutlass said:
Well over the past week I've done all this:
changed intake manifold gaskets
got a better radiator from my buddies Malibu
deleted the a/c and heat
gutted the cat (it was clogged and had no cash for a new one, so gutty time!)
replaced the cat flange bolts
oil change
changed over to a carb from an 85 Monte 305, and it's still being a pita!
ugh plus I gashed my finger open and got 7 stitches, gettin a free 1968 302 ford engine.
Totall mut in terms of parts.
Block was from a 1968 Torino
heads where from a 72 truck
valve covers from a 72 Fairlane
exhaust manifolds from a 60 sotin Falcon
intake manifold was from a 67 Mustang

And needless to say I'm still tryin to figure out how to get the damn car to run fine. It either just revs up like mad at idle, or runs like poo till it stalls.

lucky *ss i need one of them 5.0 Ford motors

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I'm getting nothing done quick so far this year....seems like every time I think of bring the Camino back into the garage my son shows up with a buddy that needs to get some stuff done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor